Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Xbox one thread! My experience so far (new owner)

Which is your platform of choice?

• Xbox one

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • PS4

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • PC / Laptop gaming

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rthoms

Hey Guys!

Long time :)

Well i bought myself a 2nd hand xbox one for a song at the weekend!

I got it with kinect and it is as i feared, pretty much a gimmik, it can be cool sometimes, but other times ive found myself swearing at it because its useless and doesnt listen to me. gestures are also a joke!

Well kinect aside, ill tell u why i bought it, pretty much solely for exclusives!

I have the new Halo remake comming tomorrow and the next gen GTA 5 (which ive been counting the days for since the back end of last year when i finally put my ps3 controller down!

Also loving forza 5 too

Well the xbox still dissapoints me a bit in the graphics department, especialyl as i own a schenker xmg laptop and i used to own a ps4. but as i say, the exclusives are what swayed me.

Tell me guys, do any of you have the xbox one?
Can you give me any tips on how to enjoy it more? any cool things about it that i might be missing out on?

Cheers! Robert

rthoms

Also, please add me on Xbox live guys!! Rothomson is my username on there

Look forward to pulling some heists on GTA 5 with you guys! :D:D

I still haven't bought one. Probably won't until they redesign it if they ever do. Luckily there is an aftermarket place making wired controllers now. That is a plus since I hate wireless ones. Another big bonus that might get me to buy one is an interface change. That's also one of the things I hate about the 360. The 360 menu was nice looking and easy to navigate when it came out. Then they went to that awful Windoze 8 tiled crap with ads. For now, I'll stick with PC and Wii gaming for what little gaming I do.

I still haven't bought one. Probably won't until they redesign it if they ever do. Luckily there is an aftermarket place making wired controllers now. That is a plus since I hate wireless ones. Another big bonus that might get me to buy one is an interface change. That's also one of the things I hate about the 360. The 360 menu was nice looking and easy to navigate when it came out. Then they went to that awful Windoze 8 tiled crap with ads. For now, I'll stick with PC and Wii gaming for what little gaming I do.

Completely agreed there. I cannot possibly imagine anybody in their right mind thinking that the tiled "Metro" interface, as they call it, is a good idea.

It's literally a 20 year step backwards in graphical user interface technology. Design is horrible and eye-straining, usefulness is horribly limited, customization and alteration nearly non-existent. It looks as if it's created by toddlers, for toddlers.

It's ruining their entire market, most greatly evident by their Windows Phone sales, which is among the three giants, the best phone to write apps for, since their Visual Studio, C# language and .NET framework are unparalleled in developer friendliness, but nobody wants to buy the damned things nor write apps for them since the UI is fukt.

As if their is a soul in the entire world that will speak badly about them "standing by their statements" if they admitted they were wrong and reverted back to normal, modern graphics that they have in Windows 7.

Anyway, on topic: Never had a game console, never will. Do you like games? Buy a PC. Any half decent "exclusive" worth it's salt will be ported over anyway.

I bought mine to play Halo 2 Anniversary and a few other exclusives. Got the one without the glorified webcam.

It doesn't really bother me mostly because I only use it to play games and the occasional blu ray movie, so for me its functionally the same as my 360 except with slightly better graphics.

I stick to my PC for games as its probably more powerful than the next 2 consoles will be.

I don't know what to choose either. I hate being far behind on next gen gaming too but money's a big issue

rthoms

Heyy, thanks for some detailed replies! :D i totally agree with the interface, its horrible and i hate the tiling! i still use windows 7 and love it. would never go to windows 8 or windows phone.

But i did buy it for the new halo game :)
i bought it for the simplicity of playing games on a console and i do like the controler
It will never match the PS4 in graphics and i accept that.
but if i want good graphics, ill go to my vast steam, origin and uplay libraries on my laptop! my laptop is lyk £1800 worth with Full works and gtx880m and plays every game maxed out at 1080p so theres always that option so it goes well with the xbox.

I got my xbox 2nd hand for £290 with 2 x controllers with play n charge kits and kinect and 2 games so good deal :)

I got my xbox 2nd hand for £290 with 2 x controllers with play n charge kits and kinect and 2 games so good deal :)

Maybe I'll look for an Xbox one that won't read discs on ebay and replace the laser. I'll probably end up going with the Xbox because of Team Xecuters future work ;)

I have xbox one, i mainly got it because of forza 5, ive followed forza motorsport all the way since forza 1, i dont like the forza horizons tho, i have a JTAG 360 also that i love modding games to how i like them, heres a sample of mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ76HbSrfvQ,

have you tried using smartglass on windows or android devices while you play, i find smartglass helpfull when playing BF4 i use a tablet to see my map etc

it sucks having to pay for XB Live while PS4 just go hard all day tho

rthoms

Yeah ill be enjoying mine a bit more when i can get some more games! Forza 5 is ok but the jaggy edges hurt my eyes. wish microsoft didnt cripple the hardware :( if ps4 had forza and halo, xbox would be dead lol.
However just have to deal with it and look forward to GTA 5 and halo masercheif edition (which didnt arrive today, FK u amazon!!)
Hate to say it but i miss my ps4. this xbox just feels like a turd, the quality of the whole thing is just 2nd rate.
will probably sell it after i have my fun with halo and get another ps4. cant get out of my head how shit the hardware is and how cheap the controller feels compared to the ps4 controller. also the external power brick is a joke considering the size of the console ¬.¬

I never have like the PS controllers. They are too small for me. I know some people love the xbone(d) controller. The 360 controller was better IMHO. Just about anything is better than the rectangle POS known as the NES controller. That thing is really uncomfortable. At least it was simple to use.

I got it with kinect and it is as i feared, pretty much a gimmik, it can be cool sometimes, but other times ive found myself swearing at it because its useless and doesnt listen to me. gestures are also a joke!

You might not be using the kinect right :) My other half learned how to use the voice commands really well. She mostly just uses it for netflix but she does everything start to finish without touching a controller about as fast as I could with a controller.