Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Used Flexdrives (V3 or V4)

Hey all,

Does anybody have any used V3 or V4 drivers laying that they aren't putting to good use?

Would sure like to get my hands on some.

i have an old flex V3 that needs solder repair "easy" you can have for $6 shipped

Pm me

do they need to be working?

if not I have 3 flexdrives v4 that don't work. i messed up while trying to jumper the setting to make the flexdrive usable..... I think it was a very bad idea to make the default setting have 100 or 110mA max. not very useful until you figure out how to jump those tiny spots.

i also have 2 non working flexdrives. and i have no macro capable camera atm. only cell phone. and thats a pain in the butt.

$16 shipped for both V4 flexes and the v3 flex

Take it or leave it :D

Dark (PM me)

do they need to be working?

if not I have 3 flexdrives v4 that don't work. i messed up while trying to jumper the setting to make the flexdrive usable..... I think it was a very bad idea to make the default setting have 100 or 110mA max. not very useful until you figure out how to jump those tiny spots.

Is it a matter of just re-soldering the jump or are components on the board damaged?

It's not so easy to damage the components as it is to de-solder them. That happened to me once. Boy, those resistors are even tinier on their own, they look like a minuscule burnt piece of crumb...

Eku

Tell me about it Dr-ebert I've killed too many flexdrives then I want to know.

Is it a matter of just re-soldering the jump or are components on the board damaged?

There are NO damaged components. they simply arent working, and i truely have no time to test them, i have a sheiz load of them anyways.

But PHYSICLY no damage. it could very well be a solder connection.

I just dont care about them, i have working ones, and plenty too.

Im pretty sure just re-soldering OR de-soldering the jumps will probably fix it.

..man... now i kind of want to keep them... but i made my offer, and i am a man of my word.

$17 shipped and you cn have em all. but im thinking about changing my mind... so let me know asap if you could./

thx man,

Dark Lasers

PS DarkLasers.com is almost ready to launch everyone!!! it will be like modwerx, but with a WAY huge selection. i will also be selling o-like modules DOMESTICLY USA) for the SAME price!!! that means no more waiting 2 weeks for your package. USA buyers will have to order through me, susie will not be selling modules to the US after darklasers launches. she is going to take care of the rest of the world, and i'll cover the US.

This Web site coming soon will launch mid August. All of my services will be available there as well as here.

And now ALL laser parts can be bought from me at about or exactly the same price, this includes diodes & sleds, drivers, modules, ALL of JAYROBS hosts, ALL of jayrobs lenses, and batteries. "all with jayrobs concent of course" but im sure he wont mind, as i'd be buying in bulk, and he wont have to deal with customers individualy 1 by 1 by 1... a Webshop makes things OO much easier

If you have any products you make "diode presses maybe?" i will gladly buy them in bulk and re-sell them for you on darklasers.com

Tyler

@Eku, not much to tell. I wanted to create a solder bridge for setting the range, it didn't quite work. I put the soldering iron aside, noticing a black speck at the tip and wiping it off, thinking it was some carbonized resin residue. Only then did I notice one of the resistors was missing, took a closer look, and yes, the little speck was it! I did manage to reattach it, by putting it at more or less the correct position and then just pressing it down with the soldering iron tip for 10 seconds or so, hoping this was enough to melt the solder as well... it worked, but I did get quite nervous!

ahh. I think i'll just hold off. Thanks for the offer though. Ive had a bunch of V3's die on me as well and had very little success fixing them.

If you can post to the UK I would be interested, presuming the only soldering done to them is on the "range-setting" section, and all the resistors are still available. PM me if you're interested.