Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Threading and Soldering Help

hoo7h

Hi All,

So there is a couple of things I need done that are out of my area of expertise and I will pay for your time doing so and bothway shipping costs.

First is I need this threaded so that fits a Sanwu 3x beam expander. A 18650 battery next to it for size comparison. The hole is smaller than the battery so I think there is room for threading
https://imgur.com/a/OXNoY

Second I need the spring and the button locations switched because the batteries are actually in series but the holder was manufactured in parallel. My iron is only 25W so I can't do. The wire is pointing at which ones need to be switched.
https://imgur.com/a/PYEIW

Thank you,
H

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey hoo7h I thought you had already modified your battery holder for your Magic Fire, assuming that is what this holder is.
If you need it to provide a series connection, you will need more than just to switch pads and springs.

There are copper connections on both ends and on the inside and outside of each; they are under the black coating, if you look closely you'll see them.
Take a look at the battery holder that I modded for my Magic Fire, -HERE- in the one close-up pic you'll see where I cut the copper traces away; I had to do this in multiple spots on the inside and outside of both ends.

I found out the hard way what happens when you miss one and hook up the batts., it burns the copper away for you. :eek:

I'm heading off for the night, but if you have questions, PM me and I'll try and help. :yh:

hoo7h

Oh I did the connection, but the spring and the button position are unchanged. I just need them switched, so that the battery's positive terminal is touching the button, and the negative is touching the spring. Right now I am using flat tops so it still works, but I want to use button tops and the one battery that has to face the springs will not make connection.

Hey hoo7h I thought you had already modified your battery holder for your Magic Fire, assuming that is what this holder is.
If you need it to provide a series connection, you will need more than just to switch pads and springs.

There are copper connections on both ends and on the inside and outside of each; they are under the black coating, if you look closely you'll see them.
Take a look at the battery holder that I modded for my Magic Fire, -HERE- in the one close-up pic you'll see where I cut the copper traces away; I had to do this in multiple spots on the inside and outside of both ends.

I found out the hard way what happens when you miss one and hook up the batts., it burns the copper away for you. :eek:

I'm heading off for the night, but if you have questions, PM me and I'll try and help. :yh: