Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Green laser 125mw>

Hello. I just joined these forums while researching building my own green laser. I am looking to either buy or build my own green laser. Im looking for something with at least 125mw output and an IR filter. If you have something like this or if anyone could build me one, please let me know. Thanks.

Building a green laser is a very tedious project. Research DPSS to find out more.

is there that big a difference from 125mw to say, 75mw? Id be willing to drop in power a little bit if I could still get something that would be under $100 and the beam could be seen in the day time. I'm still learning about green lasers to be honest though.

neokeelo said:
Hello. I just joined these forums while researching building my own green laser.  I am looking to either buy or build my own green laser.  Im looking for something with at least 125mw output and an IR filter.  If you have something like this or if anyone could build me one, please let me know.  Thanks.

is there that big a difference from 125mw to say, 75mw? Id be willing to drop in power a little bit if I could still get something that would be under $100 and the beam could be seen in the day time. I'm still learning about green lasers to be honest though.

Generally 4X the power = 2x the brightness, but, different people and conditions will be called daylight visible. With some lint and dust in the air, indoor daytime beam is seen with as little as 20 mW, but in direct daylight with no dust a 150 mW beam will likely be unseen. BTW if your budget is quite low, and you want such a bright laser, you need eye protection before using that >5 mW laser, me thinks! -Glenn