Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB from USA: 1W-1.5W 520-525 Diode + Driver

Kyle L

Hi all! So I wanna dive into my first very basic build. I
Have everything I need besides a diode and a driver. My host has Ample cooling. I have a aixiz so any diode that'll work with that is good. I have a g8 lens so all this is covered. My host takes 2x18650 in series and I'd like to drive the diode at around 1.9-2A to get Max potential and hopefully something with softstart for longevity.

But I simply do not have the knowledge yet to really know what I'm buying when it comes to drivers or how to configure them. I have tried to contact DTR, on 3 different company emails to no avail.

I was hoping someone can provide a diode, and a driver pre set to just drop in. As I do not have a load tester or any fancy equipment to set current correctly.

I will get more into all the specifics in my next build for sure! With a 445 or 450nm But just for now, I'd love to get a laser going asap to feed my addiction. Name your price. Try to be easy on me! Haha!

Happy Lasering! :)

Last edited:

Kyle L

I just used info@dtrslasershop.net a few days ago and he replied the next day. Did you try that one? I think the best thing would be to just straight up ask here for advice on what driver to use then just order that from dtr. I'd help if I could but I'm a laser noob.
i can confirm i sent my email to this email and have still not received a reply.

this was my message to him:
"
As I am very interested in a NUGM03+ Driver combo. I do have one of your G8 lens but I know the diodes come with a stock lens and I don't trust myself to get the stock one off myself. Could you maybe advise me on this, or remove the stock lens before shipping?

With your expertise maybe you could help me choose a good driver for this diode.

I'd love to drive it at around 1.9-2.0A but I do not have a dummy load to do this sort of thing.
So maybe you can help me with this, by presetting the driver so I can just drop in and go. Preferably something with Softstart if possible

I hope to hear back soon."

this was 5 days ago, im hoping for the best!

Last edited:

GSS

He has been busy as he explained with a post a while back, but he mentioned a friend of his that I think is named Auggie? that's trying to keep up with the orders..
He will get back sooner or later..

You will get the diode pressed into a copper module with the driver. That is actually a good thing as his copper modules are all I use for my builds. You can just go to his site and order what you want and I believe you can add messages like removing the ball lens from the diode before it is sent out.

BeeOD

Hi all! So I wanna dive into my first very basic build. I
Have everything I need besides a diode and a driver. My host has Ample cooling. I have a aixiz so any diode that'll work with that is good. I have a g8 lens so all this is covered. My host takes 2x18650 in series and I'd like to drive the diode at around 1.9-2A to get Max potential and hopefully something with softstart for longevity.

But I simply do not have the knowledge yet to really know what I'm buying when it comes to drivers or how to configure them. I have tried to contact DTR, on 3 different company emails to no avail.

I was hoping someone can provide a diode, and a driver pre set to just drop in. As I do not have a load tester or any fancy equipment to set current correctly.

I will get more into all the specifics in my next build for sure! With a 445 or 450nm But just for now, I'd love to get a laser going asap to feed my addiction. Name your price. Try to be easy on me! Haha!

Happy Lasering! :)
Hi I'm new here but theres eBay store by barnett_unlimited that are here in US and he does his own builds and sells parts as well. I've seen him mentioned on here before. But when I had ? He messaged me back within a couple of hours answered all my ? And told me about this forum. I've purchased 2 drivers from him and received them within a few days. I have yet to have them installed but he has lots of 5 star ratings. Hope this helps.