Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Dead arctic host

TTerbo

im looking for a dead arctic host, doesnt have to have the internals
PM me
Preferably good condition :D

Good luck man. You have to keep an eye out for threads that people post their Arctic is broken, and make an offer. Thats what everyone, including myself, have been doing. And its still going to cost you some money. No one is going to sell a broken $300 laser for $50. Also fixing it is extremely hard, and I doubt you could pull it off. Even Dave is having some issues. So add that into the cost. Its not a cheap endeavor in the least.

TTerbo

damn, i was hoping to have the world first 12x arctic :eg:

There was one one e-bay 3 days ago that went for $179.00 broken!

I bought mine for $80 and a 6X 200mW Blu-Ray. Didnt pay for the Blu-Ray so I guess I got a good deal. Its still costing me around $220 total for the Arctic, a140 diode, 445nm lens, and Flexdrive, plus labor. But I'll have one bad a$$ Arctic G1. I didnt want that stupid safety switch.

You need to aggressive to find one, because everyone else is looking for the same thing.

Yep I would like to find one after XMAS, I want to do my own build. I love that host but I really dislike WL, and I don't wnat the friging smart switch.

The smartswitch isn't that big of a deal, I can see why you'd think it was a pain if you've never used one, but really, until you've used one, it gets kinda old to see 'the smartswitch sucks' all over the damn place, it took all of five seconds before I had it memorized and it adds maybe five seconds to the startup of your laser, like any old emission delay from a CNI portable would, so I'd be more thankful for it than mad at it. Personally I like it, and it prevented an accident with a friend of mine's G2 the other day, his brother had a friend over and the friend went into my friend's room and picked up the arctic and tried to turn it on with it pointing at his face, if the smartswitch hadn't been there it could have ended in disaster. </rant>

That is why I keep mine stashed along with my guns. I would like to actually see a G2, I have seen a G1 after it had died.

Its all preference. I keep my high power lasers in a case. No kids come to my house, and I'm the only one who plays with my lasers. I dont to have to fumble with a switch for 5 seconds to light it up.

"Hey man check this out. Ah, hold on, one more second, almost there, one more, there. Cool, huh"?

Yeah right, no thanks, LMAO

IsaacT

Lol no one here will ever have a "World's first..." anything, because Kipkay has the world's firsts. :crackup: