Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[WTB] burning flashlight, even a WickedLasers one...

The best way would be to make one.

The torch bulb is simply a 100W Osram 54251 bulb, here for 4 bucks
http://www.bulbconnection.com/ViewSIMItem.cfm?simid=2483&CFID=3188370&CFTOKEN=b92a37b6ffbbffea-C4BB09FD-EFF3-E06C-3377D08AF6A97836&jsessionid=9830184e8eec$3F$C7$3

Get yourself a mag, 12 volts and a quality glass lens with a better reflector and some basic modding skills.

Guys build lights 100 times better than the torch over on CPF all the time. In fact it's so simple to do so that most don't even bother with it.

Last edited:
The best way would be to make one.

The torch bulb is simply a 100W Osram 54251 bulb, here for 4 bucks
http://www.bulbconnection.com/ViewSIMItem.cfm?simid=2483&CFID=3188370&CFTOKEN=b92a37b6ffbbffea-C4BB09FD-EFF3-E06C-3377D08AF6A97836&jsessionid=9830184e8eec$3F$C7$3

Get yourself a mag, 12 volts and a quality glass lens with a better reflector and some basic modding skills.

Guys build lights 100 times better than the torch over on CPF all the time. In fact it's so simple to do so that most don't even bother with it.

I've also only seen a couple where they mess around and burn paper with their hotwires. It's just really not that important and never has been besides with the WL Torch.

Lotus makes me laugh ^_^

And i may attempt building one of my own.

Would love a pre-built from CPF tho.. i cant make threads there yet, still being moderated or w/e

$10 paypal to whoever FINDS ME ONE PRE-BUILT! ANYWHERES!!! arggg

Seriously, ten bucks

Sry for DP

Last edited:
I just put a magnifying glass in front of my Stanly 35W HID spotlight, and It started smoking a black part of a poster pretty damn good at the focal point. Seriously, I just did it.

Bounty

I just put a magnifying glass in front of my Stanly 35W HID spotlight, and It started smoking a black part of a poster pretty damn good at the focal point. Seriously, I just did it.

Thats what i was going to do with the WL "Torch" when it gets here. I have a broken down telescope im going to smash to pieces, with the big lens i was going to fiddle around and see what kind of focusing lens i could make to attach to the torch.

I have no doubt at all that a 35W could burn...i remember focusing sunlight through a magnifying glass and burning paper and ants. The 100W torch through a lens could cause some major damage :D.

Honestly laz0r, i would just order the torch through WL, it will eventually arrive and im sure it would live up to your expectations....the wait will be lengthy though:yabbmad:

Last edited:
Yes and literal run times. Meaning you will be running back and forth to charge your batteries and go use it again each time.

I called them they said 8 weeks, Negative. I will build ten of them before do that

Yes and literal run times. Meaning you will be running back and forth to charge your batteries and go use it again each time.

Ah i see what you did there.

Yeah i know about the 5 min run-time, it's ok, im not going far lol

$10 anyone... just for finding me oneeeee......

Google Mag 623. It's a 100W bulb thats over volted and preforms the same as the WL torch. You can make one for <100$. The hard part is finding / making a battery pack.

thanks for the link Jay,

but i just cant seem to PM post, or start threads on CPF, prolly still awaiting moderation. i mean the big red warning is gone, but i cant even talk to people there barely...

this sucks lol, all the money, no product

jayrob

Ok your starting to get me interested in making one of these for myself just for the fun of it:

Not that I really think it's a very useful thing to have, but I just might go ahead and make me one! :cool:

I have to look into what is involved for parts, etc... (I'll PM you when I do the research)

Update:

Ok here's the deal on an easy build that anybody can do for a burning flashlight that is better than the WL Torch...

The main reason I say it will be better, is the battery supply...

But I seriously doubt that the WL Torch, has the same quality switch and driver as the parts I show below...

You can use a 3D Maglite...

Note: Important to use the parts I show below for heat management:

The key is the heatsinking and switch to handle the heat, and what battery supply to use. It's best to get this custom switch: (I e-mailed him to check availability - Now available)
Mag D Incan Driver - Soft Start & Multi-Brightness

It has the heatsinking, ceramic socket, 3 modes, ready to go...

Then just use an aluminum reflector and a Borofloat glass lens to handle the heat. (52.1mm)

For a 3D host, you can fit 4 X IMR 26500's with a sleeve and tail cap mod! :D

Those will easily handle the current. So all that would be needed, is a sleeve for the 26500's... (I have fiberglass material for a perfect sleeve, and can do the tail cap mod if needed)

You'll need this charger:
Ultrafire WF-188 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger

(don't buy that charger from a cheap source, or ebay, it most likely won't work properly)

Osram 64623 12 volt bulb:
OSRAM SYLVANIA EVA 64623 HLX 100w 12v GY6.35 Bipin Halogen light Bulb (order extra bulbs since they are cheap)

This is an easy build that you can do yourself with little effort...

The Borofloat glass lens, and the bulbs are cheap, but the rest of the parts are not so cheap.

Estimated cost in parts - $150 for the build, and then about $100 bucks for the 4 X 26500's, and the WF-188 charger...

Important: You just have to watch out that you do not over discharge the batteries. We're talking probably in the neighborhood of maybe 15 minutes max between charges... (probably less)

Last edited: