Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Blue Laser

I bought a green one a while back, and now I crave more. I want to buy a relatively cheap Blue laser... like 100 or less probably.

If any sites have something you'd recommend, tell me where

Also: Is the arctic Spyder III on wicked for 1 Watt and 200$ a good deal?

Are you serious? :tired:

Look in the section dedicated to 445's please.

Jerry

Well last time I bought from a site, It was highly under powered from what they said it was.

If they really are that powerful, I don't want it. Too much chance of danger, even with the glasses.

Can anyone recommend me to a less powerful one that's cheap as well?

You should do some reading about companies, and you arent gonna get a low powered blue for under ~140$ unless you do it yourself.

Well last time I bought from a site, It was highly under powered from what they said it was.

If they really are that powerful, I don't want it. Too much chance of danger, even with the glasses.

Can anyone recommend me to a less powerful one that's cheap as well?

445's have their own section on the forums, I am just suggesting you start to read about your options there first. ;)

Jerry

445's have their own section on the forums, I am just suggesting you start to read about your options there first. ;)

Jerry

Thanks.

I have a diode from an old xbox 360 drive, and I've been wanting to build one... I think the ones from 360's are blue... And I can solder ok... How much are kits to build your own?

Thanks.

I have a diode from an old xbox 360 drive, and I've been wanting to build one... I think the ones from 360's are blue... And I can solder ok... How much are kits to build your own?

And that would be under the "pro sales" section of the forum. Did you even bother to look at what each section was for before posting? :crackup:

Jerry

DAnn474, look at the top of this thread, jay rob kits are there and you should be able to find something. But I think before you go trying to build one right now, you should read and search throughout these forums as it would be a huge thank you from your wallet and eyes. If you don't know what you are doing you will get hurt, in addition to that you could quickly burn through a large lump of money.

Edit: some helpful links:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f36/looking-build-laser-read-me-47684.html

http://rog8811.com/

http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/pro-tips-w-spyderz20x6-building-your-first-diy-laser-40157.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/diy-how-build-100mw-violet-laser-37022.html

some links are a little outdated, but will get you up to speed.

Last edited:
DAnn474, look at the top of this thread, jay rob kits are there and you should be able to find something. But I think before you go trying to build one right now, you should read and search throughout these forums as it would be a huge thank you from your wallet and eyes. If you don't know what you are doing you will get hurt, in addition to that you could quickly burn through a large lump of money.

I know, I've been lurking around the web looking for stuff about blues, and the dangers asocciated. I'll check this thread later after I look around som more in the 445 sectio9n.

I have a diode from an old xbox 360 drive, and I've been wanting to build one... I think the ones from 360's are blue...
The diodes in the Xbox360 are low powered reds. The diodes in the HD-DVD addon for the Xbox360 are medium powered violets (50mW or so).