Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Blue laser modules

daguin

romeo02045 said:
Oh? hmm, which could i use?  :eek:

The flexdrive is limited to between 2.4 - 5.5 volts. Your power source must be in that range. Nine volts would fry it.

Peace,
dave

Oh snap! guess ill buy some AA / AAA battery holders instead of the 9volt holder lol. Tell me, would 2x AA at 1.5v (3v) be different to 3x AAA at 1.5v (4.5v) ? if so, in what way? Which would be most powerful and which would last longest? Stupid questions i know, but im learning lol. Cheers

daguin

romeo02045 said:
Oh snap! guess ill buy some AA / AAA battery holders instead of the 9volt holder lol. Tell me, would 2x AA at 1.5v (3v) be different to 3x AAA at 1.5v (4.5v) ? if so, in what way? Which would be most powerful and which would last longest? Stupid questions i know, but im learning lol. Cheers

Power wise, there will be no difference. The AA batteries will last longer, but (basically) only because of their size. If you are making a hand held laser, most people use the AAA size because the battery carriage fits more comfortably in the hand.

Peace,
dave