Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB Blu ray Laser

im looking to buy a Blu ray laser. all i care is that its portable, i dont care what the power output is. im only looking to spend around $100 USD so what ever i can get for that price would be great.

i was going to jump on the Blu Ray GB here but after reading about how fragile the diodes are i really dont want to take the chance until i have some DIY laser experience.

Let me know if this can be done at this cost.

the prices are great! just a few questions:

for that price what kind of power am i looking at? and for both styles what are the batteries used and whats the duty cycle going to be (if any)?

Im not being picky i just want to be informed before i spend money.

Thanks

Hey BluefFusion that $80 in a pen sounds pretty good! What is the approx output power? i have a mini only a little biger than the AA cel that powers it, but ~2-3 mW so it has some drawbacks. Thanks!

o_O I did too.
Since drlava's reports indicate 7mw is a safe level (or more accurately 40mA) I will use 40ma for all of them, estimate around 7-12mw and individual graphs and reports will be provided. This offer is open to anyone and due to parts ordering the wait is less if I get more orders at once!

oooo Pen size blue... Just what I have been looking for... Pictures please!!!!!!!

Give us some details like Ethator mentioned, batteries Duty cycle, etc. What circuit do you use to reg. power? Do you have a working unit? Show us plzzzz.

Thanks--RR

I don't have one but i would if someone would order one ;)

Yes it is in the DX 5mw green. Just imagine one emitting violet. :p

Takes 2 REGULAR AAAs instead of some which take fiddly 10440s.
I use a circuit of my own design to regulate current to an appropriate level after doubling voltage.
Duty cycle I decide on a laser by laser basis but its usually fairly close to 100% on.

hey blue arents the DX pen lasers case + and the diode case - how do you keep them from shorting out?