Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB 532nm Illuminator.

Corruptt

Hey guys,

I know I'm new here and just came across the forum today. I'm in the USA down in TX, and looking to replace or upgrade my current illuminator. I believe you would call it an illuminator, some call it a designator. Basically its just a laser that has roughly a 20-25 foot beam diameter at any distance beyond say 50 yards, with the use of focusing lenses, so that you can see hogs at night while hunting. I have found couple but they are from rather shady sites, I will link them below. The distance that the one I currently have will do 100 yards decently but beyond that its brightness drops off rather quickly. I would like to be able to reach out to 1000 yards and clearly see when its pitch black. It would be mounted to a rifle that has enough magnification in the scope to see at that range. Using 18650 batteries would be so much better then CR123's. I'm not sure if 500mw would be a huge increase in visible distance capabilities or if the power would need to be higher then that.

Would anyone know where I could buy something like this or have it made?

If this is the wrong place for this post i do apologize.

Thanks in advanced.

One I currently have at 5mw.

Found the following.

The following two you can tell are real winners.
I mean who is really going to trust a website selling a 30000mw handheld laser.

Don't buy from laser pointer pro. They are all far under their stated power. Sounds like you are using your laser sight as a flashlight. In order to get more distance you will need a lot more power. That gets very expensive at 532nm. I would try for a 520nm direct diode of at least a full watt. The diode used for this is the NDG7475. These also produce a lot of waste heat, dso that might be a problem as well.

Corruptt

Do you feel that 1w would be enough at 520nm? I'm flexible on color if it will get better results with illuminating and area that size as a given distance up to 1k yards.

Don't buy from laser pointer pro. They are all far under their stated power. Sounds like you are using your laser sight as a flashlight. In order to get more distance you will need a lot more power. That gets very expensive at 532nm. I would try for a 520nm direct diode of at least a full watt. The diode used for this is the NDG7475. These also produce a lot of waste heat, dso that might be a problem as well.
This site Candlepowerforums has a few threads on LEP flashlights. A LEP might meet your need. Here are two threads.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?453594-REVIEW-ACEBEAM-W10-LEP-Light<

That was going to be my suggestion as well. You aren't going to get a laser that will illuminate the near field as well as 1000 yards out too. Your best bet is an actual flashlight.

Corruptt

Steve001 that light is really nice! Is it basically just an LED light with an extreme beam density (cd)?
?Oh i understand it wont light up both near and far. I'm perfectly fine with adjusting beam size depending on distance. Close up wider beam vs farther being a narrow beam angle.

Last edited:

Arctos

Check out the Acebeam W10. Laser pumped remote phosphor torch and it's very compact... I'm considering one for pest control.