Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB <505nm batch diode - SB1573N91, SB1473N91

@Eracoy

You can measure the wavelength with a grating as long as you make the distance far enough and have a calculator with trig functions.

jnrpop

@ Eracoy, any update on these diodes from Techhood, Newgazer and existotem..??

I've just seen existotem have increased there price to $100usd for some very unique reason....must be selling like hotcakes ;)

Eracoy

@ Eracoy, any update on these diodes from Techhood, Newgazer and existotem..??

I've just seen existotem have increased there price to $100usd for some very unique reason....must be selling like hotcakes ;)

I've gotten word that they shipped. They're taking the slow boat from China, so it may be a little bit before they get here. I'm glad I got in before Existotem raised their price. I'll let y'all know when they get here - hopefully soon because I want to make some teal photons already!

I have four coming from Techhood for another member here. I offered $30.00 each and they accepted. It is probably because some members here have told these sellers the lower wavelengths of these diodes and, never missing a chance to make some extra bucks, these sellers have raised the price as they see them as more desirable now. I've found it is better to keep information to yourself when dealing with these Chinese sellers as they know very little about their products.

Wanted to buy 5 more of the < 505nm diodes from techhood, made him an offer and got the answer that the diodes are out of stock and they will get new ones in september. He still have 16 diodes listed listed in stock on his page. That's strange. Does somebody what it means?

Eracoy

Wow, glad I bought a few when I could, with one out of stock and one tripling the price. Mine have already shipped, so I'm unsure what is going on with the stock on the page. Did techhood mention anything about the number on the batch he will be receiving?

Newgazer also raised the price to $139 so they probably still have some stock but they know that these are 502-503nm

Yeah, that's too bad. They were bound to run out eventually. I believe that they are going to stick to that $130.00+ price unless one one buys at that price. But, these are probably not a regular run of these diodes, so they will disappear when these are gone.

Eracoy

I received the first of the three diodes I ordered today, and will be getting the others tomorrow. It was a SB1573N91, and is indeed slightly more blue than my SB147EC91 from DTR. I'll try to do some diffraction grating measurement when I find some time to get an idea on what the difference is and which of the three is the shortest wavelength.

Last edited:
I finished testing the four diodes I got from Techhood today. These are all SB1573N91s. They were quite low as long as they were kept at room temperature. As they were allowed to heat up they increased by 1.5nm to 2nm in wavelength.

In the order of wavelength they are: 502.0nm, 502.2nm, 502.8nm, and 503.2nm. Keep in mind that these values are for room temperature as they shift up as they increase in temperature.

@Eracoy I'm glad you were able to get these lower WL diodes as they will look more blue compared to 510nm. Pretty nice, huh?

Last edited: