Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB 4W 450nm or 2W 520nm

bassay

Just looking for a super high power laser from those 2 colors

Hey bassay,

I'm hesitant to jump in here, but I think I'll be a bit gentler than others might - this question isn't going to attract a lot of positive attention.

First and foremost, it's not really clear what you're asking here. Are you asking which of those we like better? Are you trying to decide on a build project? Are you looking for product recommendations?

I don't want to make assumptions, because I don't know you and it looks like you've been a member for a while even though this is your first post, so it's possible you're knowledgeable about lasers, but the way you're asking this doesn't inspire confidence. Will this be the first "super high power" laser you've owned? If so, do you have the safety equipment you need to handle a laser with that kind of power? Lasers in that power range have the potential to cause really serious harm. Lasers this powerful can cause burns if they hit exposed skin. They're actually a fire hazard too, because almost anything you point them at that doesn't reflect most of the light is going to start to burn or smolder if the beam stays put for any length of time. And I haven't even mentioned eye damage yet. Hit someone in the eye? Blind instantly, blink reflex can't save you. Catch a reflection off something shiny? Same deal, blind permanently faster than you can blink. Even looking at the spot on a wall without goggles can damage your vision. There are absolutely no do-overs when it comes to this stuff. If you don't have the proper precautions in place, one mistake or random fluke could cost you or someone else their eyesight forever.

It's very possible I'm patronizing the hell out of you because you already have tons of safety equipment and experience, and if that's the case I apologize. But if I'm right and you're coming at this with limited or no experience, my advice is to slow down. Lasers with that kind of power are the farthest thing from toys, they can be extremely dangerous. The very high power stuff is appealing, trust me I know, but you need to make sure you're prepared for it.

This is an open dialog by the way, so if you have follow up questions, or want to make me feel silly by showing me your collection of OD6+ laser goggles, I'll keep my eye on this post. Hopefully I'll have headed off some of the harsher replies questions like this tend to attract.

Cheers,
LM

Last edited:

bassay

Hey bassay,

I'm hesitant to jump in here, but I think I'll be a bit gentler than others might - this question isn't going to attract a lot of positive attention.

First and foremost, it's not really clear what you're asking here. Are you asking which of those we like better? Are you trying to decide on a build project? Are you looking for product recommendations?

I don't want to make assumptions, because I don't know you and it looks like you've been a member for a while even though this is your first post, so it's possible you're knowledgeable about lasers, but the way you're asking this doesn't inspire confidence. Will this be the first "super high power" laser you've owned? If so, do you have the safety equipment you need to handle a laser with that kind of power? Lasers in that power range have the potential to cause really serious harm. Hit someone in the eye? Blind instantly, blink reflex can't save you. Catch a reflection off something shiny? Same deal, blind permanently faster than you can blink. Even looking at the spot on a wall without goggles can damage your vision.

It's very possible I'm patronizing the hell out of you because you already have tons of safety equipment and experience, and if that's the case I apologize. But if I'm right and you're coming at this with limited or no experience, my advice is to slow down. Lasers with that kind of power are the farthest thing from toys, they can be extremely dangerous. The very high power stuff is appealing, trust me I know, but you need to make sure you're prepared for it.

This is an open dialog by the way, so if you have follow up questions, or want to make me feel silly by showing me your collection of OD6+ laser goggles, I'll keep my eye on this post. Hopefully I'll have headed off some of the harsher replies questions like this tend to attract.

Cheers,
LM
HEY! Well I do have a 3W 445nm laser i got on here AGES ago. I also have a 500MW 520nm. Ive owned them for years and know exactly how dangerous they can be. This is my 1st post on here yes, even though i have been here for over a year. I know of the forums because I got into lasers years ago because of my dad who used the forums. Me now being 23 I would just like to have another laser to the 2 I own. I am looking for a 4ish watt cyan color and a 2ish watt 520nm. I know of sanwu and was just coming here because I would rather support a single individual and his knowledge.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Speaking of age do you mind sharing with us yours?

Encap

Your post in this sub-forum is a violation of LPF rules .
In case you did not read the title of the forum, it says:

Buy, Sell, & Trade​

Buy, sell, and trade lasers and/or laser pointers. Minimum 20 laser related posts required before thread creation.

bassay

Your post in this sub-forum is a violation of LPF rules .
In case you did not read the title of the forum, it says:

Buy, Sell, & Trade​

Buy, sell, and trade lasers and/or laser pointers. Minimum 20 laser related posts required before thread creation.
How is it a violation? I literally put in the title "WTB" like ive seen so many others do

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
How is it a violation? I literally put in the title "WTB" like ive seen so many others do
He stated a minimum of 20 posts. Now who's the one who can't read.

bassay

OH well. Ill just go to sanwu. I tried supporting single artist. Helping people is real hard i guess

Giannis_TDM

Hmm so you did with an immature "lol". Sorry kid too immature for me to help.
You don't even know how many adults I know that use 'Lol' in forums and texts, Like why do you think that a single word can mean that he lied about his age? Isn't it Immature by itself to use a single word to instantly characterize someone based on stereotypes and wrong beliefs/misconceptions? Also, it's really obvious that he used 'Lol' in a joking matter due to you not seeing his age while reading his original post.

bassay

You don't even know how many adults I know that use 'Lol' in forums and texts, Like why do you think that a single word can mean that he lied about his age? Isn't it Immature by itself to use a single word to instantly characterize someone based on stereotypes and wrong beliefs/misconceptions? Also, it's really obvious that he used 'Lol' in a joking matter due to you not seeing his age while reading his original post.
Bingo

Giannis_TDM

By the way, 2w of 520 is not available in a diode, You can push the NDG7574 to about 1.2-1,3w safely though, As for the Cyanish blue the closest you can get is around the 470 mark with an overdriven NUMB07/7E diode at 4-5w.

bassay

By the way, 2w of 520 is not available in a diode, You can push the NDG7574 to about 1.2-1,3w safely though, As for the Cyanish blue the closest you can get is around the 470 mark with an overdriven NUMB07/7E diode at

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201119-015945_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201119-015945_Chrome.jpg
    644.6 KB · Views: 4

Giannis_TDM

That diode is more of a deep pure blue, Also you wouldn't like how bad its beam is diverging an awful lot very fast and essentially being more of a line. And IMO that diode is too powerful to be any practical. You should go with a build similar to the one in my sig, Specifically
462nm 1.6w carbon fiber al host 3E it uses the 7675 diode https://sites.google.com/site/dtrslasershop/home/diodes/ndb7675-1-4w-462nm .