Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB 473nm handheld laser

Sowee7

Hello! I am looking for a 473 handheld laser. I am mostly looking for a CNI GLP or another pen-style 473nm DPSS laser but I am fine with larger handhelds.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
No! You don't get to have one.... jk ;P

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I don't know of many places that still offer 473nm portables. But DL still offers the CNI modules you could put into a host.
Jet Lasers used to be the best place for 473nm handhelds.

julianthedragon

Allow me to share an exchange I had with Laserglow back in December (ignore if you've already looked into this/not interested):

Me:
"Is it still possible to purchase a 473nm <5mw Aquarius? I see they're backordered and the price has gone up but are they still in production at all or completely discontinued?" (it is also completely hidden from their consumer listings)

Nicholas from LG:
"We can still offer most <5 mW pointers that we have in the past on a custom order basis, which would have a lead time of 4-6 weeks. Price for the 2 and 5 mW are $399 and $549 respectively, plus we are currently offering a 30% discount all month on all pointers."

I then asked some further questions to confirm this laser is in fact a CNI GLP (ok, sure this was obvious based on the host, spec sheet that is identical to my GLP from dragonlasers, and previous knowledge of laserglow but I wanted to confirm anyway), to which he replied:
"Most of the lasers that are not the red or green models are made in partnership with CNI, so may be similar to other CNI distributors."

So maybe this could be a possible route to getting your 473nm GLP. I know you've been looking for a while, good luck!

Product datasheet: https://www.laserglow.com/img/specifications/GAP.pdf

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Allow me to share an exchange I had with Laserglow back in December (ignore if you've already looked into this/not interested):

Me:
"Is it still possible to purchase a 473nm <5mw Aquarius? I see they're backordered and the price has gone up but are they still in production at all or completely discontinued?" (it is also completely hidden from their consumer listings)

Nicholas from LG:
"We can still offer most <5 mW pointers that we have in the past on a custom order basis, which would have a lead time of 4-6 weeks. Price for the 2 and 5 mW are $399 and $549 respectively, plus we are currently offering a 30% discount all month on all pointers."

I then asked some further questions to confirm this laser is in fact a CNI GLP (ok, sure this was obvious based on the host, spec sheet that is identical to my GLP from dragonlasers, and previous knowledge of laserglow but I wanted to confirm anyway), to which he replied:
"Most of the lasers that are not the red or green models are made in partnership with CNI, so may be similar to other CNI distributors."

So maybe this could be a possible route to getting your 473nm GLP. I know you've been looking for a while, good luck!

Product datasheet: https://www.laserglow.com/img/specifications/GAP.pdf
That’s not bad for a GLP. So either go with Julian’s option or make your own using the higher power module.