Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB 100mw+ green laser

I am a student and have a low budget. I need a burning laser to demonstrate by popping balloons and lighting matches. It does not necessarily have to be 100mw, but enough to pop balloons. I have a low budget of $60, but i will pay more if the item is worth it. Thanks guys!

Blord

Do you really need a green laser ? For the same price you get a much more powerfull red laser. Green is color which you get the least bang for buck.

Hiemal

Green's the most visible (mW to mW green is the brightest compared to others) color. Blue is probably the most powerful visible color we have at the moment, (up to 2 watt). Red's are pretty cheap for 100-200 mW.

Violet's can be had cheaply too, in the PHR-803T's case.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I might consider getting red. What do you think the least mw i can have for a red laser in order for the beam to be completely visible at night and pop balloons? I need it within 2 weeks. Thanks guys!

Hiemal

My red rifle laser from Lazerer.com is pretty visible at night and does a great job at burning... 200 mW or so.

If anyone has one, please reply or pm. I'll just buy a 100mw green laser from o-like if I can't find any others.

yobresal, I am very interested. I'm not sure if my PMs are going through. If they aren't, then PM me an email to contact.