Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Would you buy a verified 5mW blue for $424?

I'd love to do a review on one of DX's new 473nm blue lasers but I'm not personally in the market for one. I have enough cash on hand to buy a 5mW, but I'd need someone to buy it off me after it's been reviewed (if the laser is under spec it will just be returned to DX)

So if someone has been itching to buy a blue I'd be happy to do a thorough examination of one of these lasers and hand the assurance of output power and quality onto someone else :)

Heck we could even do a raffle or something - win a blue lazor :D

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.923

Ace82

Man, if I didn't just buy the RPL.. :cool:. but it's a great idea. I've been earking to see a review of that laser for some time, but I think it's reasonable to spend the extra $264 for the 30mW ($425/5mW = $85/1mW vs $690/30mW = $23/1mW = $62/1mW less). I was also thinking about doing that, it would be nice to have another raffle... ::) maybe you should start a poll. I will definatly throw in! ;)

Here's a weird idea.

You could just get people to give money until you get enough to pay for the blue laser. Then, raffle it off.

Then, you divide up the money you get from the raffle based on how people gave money in the first place. If you gave 25% of the money to pay for the laser in the first place, you get 25% of the money from the raffle.

I dunno, I just thought that up.

Personally if I wanted a blue laser (already have one) I'd buy a lab-type just to get more power - I paid slightly less than twice that price for a 100mw labby that's putting out 131mw!

But of course if you're demanding portability rather than high power go for a pointer.

Well the idea is I want do to something to give back to the LPF community and the blue lasers from DX are one of the things that have not been reviewed yet - it was just an idea and if you guys know of something else you'd like reviewed say so ;)