Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wondering about goggles?

98brae

I’m new to the hobby but very much looking forward to getting more into it. I recently purchased a Sanwu Pocket 800mw 445 nm laser and I’m wondering about eye protection. I got the OD3 googles from Sanwu because they were really cheap but I also have my doubts about their quality because of how cheap they were. Anybody have experience with them?

Thanks!

GSS

I’m new to the hobby but very much looking forward to getting more into it. I recently purchased a Sanwu Pocket 800mw 445 nm laser and I’m wondering about eye protection. I got the OD3 googles from Sanwu because they were really cheap but I also have my doubts about their quality because of how cheap they were. Anybody have experience with them?

Thanks!
Well, I got 3 pairs at auction of similar glasses for $0.30 $0.90 and $1.25 to burn test..That has to tell you something...
I wish and want to tell you they were awefull but they held up well from 1W, 2W+. No burn through up to 45 seconds.. Iv'e also seen members test them with some serious issue's with lack of protection..
I can say they are all generic copy's and all 3 pairs were all over the place as far as lens and frame thickness and lens color:whistle: So basicly no quality control:can:
Also don't let the dark lenses give you a false sense of security, plus they have bad visibilty when trying to see things burn.
For up to 1W I would say they are OK but before any other laser purchase I would go with a pair of Eagles that are a true OD4+ and have a 55% visible see through.
Youv'e been here long enough to know the difference;)

Last edited: