Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Woh!  Viper 125mW only $300!?

i'll have a power meter sometime soon hopefully and can see what my DL125 is doing.

and thats a good tip mentioned above to include power readings with lasers. i think i'll do that if i get a meter :)

MarioMaster said:
i've seen nothing but rave reviews for DL recently, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, but like buying any laser I'd want to have the power verified

I keep hearing this, but I dont see them. People keep saying their units have gotten better in the past year, but I don't see the evidence - its just like some odd high school rumor. I see people saying they were satisfied, but where are the power tests to prove they aren't pulling the same BS they used to?

Awesome.

It really gets to me when people start saying bad things about DL, I have bought two lasers from them and one of them is just over its stated output power on new batteries and I have a 50mW module from them that actually puts out enough power to light matches from 2 meters away.

As said above a few posts back, there has only been one serious incident with DL and that was ages ago.

lamborgini8 said:
Awesome.

It really gets to me when people start saying bad things about DL, I have bought two lasers from them and one of them is just over its stated output power on new batteries and I have a 50mW module from them that actually puts out enough power to light matches from 2 meters away.

As said above a few posts back, there has only been one serious incident with DL and that was ages ago.

I disagree and it really gets to me when people criticize me for saying bad things about them. There were far more than one incident and there has been a whole stream of bad news out of them - for some odd reason they still placate customers while ripping them off. I remember someone buying a 125mW and saying it only managed to peak at 125mW on lithiums before dropping to <115mW. Yet that was considered in spec by that person.

I have only tested and purchased 3 lasers from DL - on each and every occasion, the laser was underpower. The most recent time was less than one month ago so I don't see what all this rave about DL improving is about. I haven't been frequenting these forums so much recently and I readily admit I may have skipped over these revelation filled posts. I'd just like to see the links though because all the data I've seen so far has indicated DL has at least a rate of 1/4 if not as high as 1/2 of their high power units being sent out underspec.

artix

electron said:
[quote author=lazerguy link=1211042301/0#4 date=1211133688]But how is the rep. of Dragon comapared to Nova? I mean, Dragon has sent some bad units out, but I don't think that ANYONE has been unsatisfied with their lasers from Nova. But honestly, that with Dragon was long ago, so maybe they are better now.
Sorry BUT you should take a further look around on this forum there about 4 issues with Nova Lasers lately and that includes mine; they are not what they were before; QA & customer serviced has slipped majorly.
[/quote]

I love living in Toronto! Nova lasers and Laser glow are very close to where I live! So if I ever buy a laser from them, and have a problem I could just call them! :D ;D :D ;D

Amnizu

Re: Woh!  Viper 125mW only $300!?

pseudonomen137 said:
[quote author=MarioMaster link=1211042301/0#5 date=1211134081]i've seen nothing but rave reviews for DL recently, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, but like buying any laser I'd want to have the power verified

I see people saying they were satisfied, but where are the power tests to prove they aren't pulling the same BS they used to?
[/quote]

I bought the 300mW Spartan GW from them before they stopped selling it and it checks out at at least 310mW for the first 2-3 minutes I tested it, peaking at around 360 using Kenom's meter with thermal head to do the measurement.