Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WL Evo Pro / X series from Nova build quality difference?

I am considering one of these lasers, probably the 25mW version, but what is the quality difference between these two?
Wicked Lasers claim that Evo Pros are made up of Aircraft-grade Aluminum, while Nova...well I don't know what they're made of, although I've heard they're made from CNI.
Also the difference in diameter. Will I notice much difference between 1.00mm and 1.50mm?
Thanks guys :thanks:

The modules in the Evolution Pro series are CNI modules, CNI has replaced his with a 445nm diode and confirmed the fact.

The modules in the Evolution Pro series are CNI modules, CNI has replaced his with a 445nm diode and confirmed the fact.

Correct.
The "guts" will be the same. The "aircraft grade aluminum" is pretty irrelevant. These lasers weren't designed to fly. There is nothing "military" about it either.

What you choose comes down to what you need your laser to do and where you need it to go.

Either one is well built and will last a long time.
The Evo is substantially larger, but with the advantages of longer battery life and 100% duty cycle.
On the other hand, the X series is compact and discreet, and it's simplicity makes it reliable.

I have owned both and to be honest, while the Evo looks sturdy, I would expect it to fail before the X series.
One reason for this is that the safety pin mechanism is flimsy as hell. If that breaks, your laser will be inoperable.

Don't forget the Wicked Lasers Artic debacle. I wouldn't trust them at all (huge amounts of deceit.) I avoid dealing with that company purely on principle, and if that isn't enough then consider that while they have the Artic they have bad customer service for everything else atm.

Yeah, I was kind of reluctant to even consider purchasing from Wicked Lasers, but the X15 is sold out at the moment, and I'm not sure when it will come back into stock...does anyone know any info about this?
Also, thanks for the quick replies guys!