Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

With Great Thanks to LPF!

Welp I thought that for my 1000th post I would show a couple of pictures from my progression learning about lasers.

1000 post on any internet thread is a new time high for me. I'v always just used forums for tid-bits of information when I needed it and rarely posted to a discussion.
When I discovered Laser Pointer Forums and began reading, I rekindled my interests in L.A.S.E.R's and began posting.

I would like to thank all of you for the help that has always been given.:thanks:

Perhaps for a bit of inspiration or just for fun, some quick photo's of my builds, trails and error.

Starting with my very first laser build, including the first time I ever used a soldering iron!...lol...kind of funny to look back on this build.
IMG_0399.jpg
[/IMG]

I got right into HeNe's with great help from Dave. These things are still just about the coolest lasers to me. They just look like what a laser should;)
HeNe13.jpg
[/IMG]

ForumuseHeNePic.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0527.jpg
[/IMG]

With the gas running through my system I needed more. I went for the gold and tried for an argon laser system from fleebay. The tube didn't work, but I did get the PSU in the end. Again Dave was a great help and provided at a very fair price a new tube and controller.....now I have a nice Working Argon Multiple line laser!!
IMG_5706.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_5731.jpg
[/IMG]

After that learning experience I went back to building some of my own hand-held laser....a couple of my own design, and a few with others design help.
IMG_5486.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_5383.jpg
[/IMG]

P5170161.jpg
[/IMG]

MyLasers15.jpg
[/IMG]

And now to a few of my many...."works in progress". This all has been a very large learning curve for me. My background is heavy in the arts and light in, lets say, anything scientificy....
I'm still working out the kinks with the following projects, sometimes it's parts that hold me up, perhaps a change of interest, or just something a bit easier on my head and internet research.(it's not easy learning what a resistor does when i'm trying to power my RF CO2 laser:eek:)
IMAG0294.jpg
[/IMG]

P5020113.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG0263.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG0065.jpg
[/IMG]

This all comes with great thanks to my fellow LPF members!!!
Here's to another 1000 posts:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:(hopefully I can be more helpful)

DTR

Great stuff. Looks like you have had fun here.:beer:

Great stuff. Looks like you have had fun here.:beer:

It's been great. I'v learned so much in this last year. There is such a wealth of information here and a great group of people. Everyone from complete novice like myself to real for real scientist!;)
Your builds have been a wonderful inspiration as well!