Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Will a 445nm 1.2 Watt laser with batteries and what not get past U.S. customs?

As you can tell from the title I'm about to order a 445nm 1.2 W Rifle laser from lazerer.com. I was wondering however if it'll get past U.S. customs or if i'll get screwed out of $250. All input is welcome. Thanks!

next time please use the search function. many members, including myself, have answered this question many times. ill give you a free pass and answer it anyways.

will it get through customs? lazerer does a good job of packaging their lasers and getting them through customs. i have one that got through and many members are in the same boat. now if you throw batteries into the equation i would say less than 50% chance. it is super easy to find a li-ion battery on a scanner and customs is strict on batteries so they will most likely open your package and boom, laser inside as well. now you have given them everything needed to test your laser since the batteries are right there. if they do open your package due to the batteries id say 100% chance you wont get it.

long story short, order the laser and JUST the laser. buy the batteries from w/in the US

Last edited:

edz55

It'll pass trust me I've had a lot of "contraband" get thru customs with no problems at all lol :crackup:

next time please use the search function. many members, including myself, have answered this question many times. ill give you a free pass and answer it anyways.

will it get through customs? lazerer does a good job of packaging their lasers and getting them through customs. i have one that got through and many members are in the same boat. now if you throw batteries into the equation i would say less than 50% chance. it is super easy to find a li-ion battery on a scanner and customs is strict on batteries so they will most likely open your package and boom, laser inside as well. now you have given them everything needed to test your laser since the batteries are right there. if they do open your package due to the batteries id say 100% chance you wont get it.

long story short, order the laser and JUST the laser. buy the batteries from w/in the US

hmm good to know about the batteries for next time

norbyx

I had lasers go through the USA with batteries on them. Now just to play it safe I have them shipped directly to costa rica...

it may be different for packages that just go through the US vs ones that stay in the US. the US doesnt care about batteries in transit through the US since in the end they will be in costa rica but if they were to stay in the US, then they'd care or so thats how i see it

norbyx

it may be different for packages that just go through the US vs ones that stay in the US. the US doesnt care about batteries in transit through the US since in the end they will be in costa rica but if they were to stay in the US, then they'd care or so thats how i see it

Agreed... But my case is a bit different. My packages get delivered to a forwarding company in Miami Florida. So it is just as of they stay in the us. Than the forwarder gets the packages and sends them to Costa Rica.

So does the post office know its getting forwarded or only the company recieving it? Never had to deal with forwarding companoes bit ive heard of them

norbyx

So does the post office know its getting forwarded or only the company recieving it? Never had to deal with forwarding companoes bit ive heard of them

No...postal office doesn't know it will be forwarded; all they know is that its a commercial business in a certain address.