Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

will a 100mW ship to NYC? And is it for real (dinodirect)

Guys:
I saw this ad for a 100mW 532nm Open-back Kaleidoscopic Green Laser Pointer Pen at dinodirect 100mW 532nm Open-back Kaleidoscopic Green Laser Pointer Pen (2×AAA Included) - DinoDirect.com

I know they're a low cost, limited QC shop, but I have very good luck with LED Shoppe (similiar, I'd guess...) in the past, so two questions:

1. Is this for real? Even if not up to spec, it should rate at least at 50, no?
2. Will they be able to ship this? Doesn't it need to go through customs?

Thanks, as usual...

It won't be up to spec. but there is no telling what it will be. These low cost pointers are all over the map as far as output goes.

They will ship to the U.S.

cosmo

me and another friend in the NYC area bought two green lasers from china and they came over no problems, but we got direct from CNI, these are top of the line and almost always over spec. His (second time after first one had a problem) was close to 850mw for a purchased 450mw.

Go with CNI, no problems here in NYC.

Reactions: ARG
me and another friend in the NYC area bought two green lasers from china and they came over no problems, but we got direct from CNI, these are top of the line and almost always over spec. His (second time after first one had a problem) was close to 850mw for a purchased 450mw.

Go with CNI, no problems here in NYC.

I live in the NYC area too. .. :)
I'm planning to buy some lasers from CNI.
How much did the CNI lasers cost?
What was their model number?
(They do not post prices on their web site.)