Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Torch Review (Video)

Switch

Lol , that was lame :D But yea, WL are evil comunists from mars.They suck , LC sucks.And the Torch is a POS when it comes to usefulness. ::)

I felt like frying an egg and then placing it over that flashlight and be like, look it fried an egg!

Oh, well that's not very fair. The WL torch DOES burn stuff really well.

Just problem is, one of the things it burns well is itself :-/

Switch

Murudai said:

Just problem is, one of the things it burns well is itself  :-/
It's just a piece of s*** overall.Halogen bulbs aren't made to be put in a flashlight powered by a hige NiMH pack and knocked around.It probably fries an egg due to overheating.That bulb is very inefficient.It's 100W and probably most of those Watts are being converted to heat rather than light.That's what fries the egg.....it's sitting on top of the lens anyway ::)
It burns itself because they used inadequate wiring, the bulb has a really short life especially inside that thing, it overheats like crazy and the battery lasts 10 minutes = POS ::) Only good for some fun that's not really worth 300 bucks.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it doesn't burn well :)

xJumper, you should of set fire to the torch itself and melted it, now that would of been funny! :D

Murudai said:

Just problem is, one of the things it burns well is itself  :-/

do you know how many butane lighters from DX i could get instead of one torch from WL?

Hey, don't get me wrong! I'm not saying the Torch is good, it's a terrible product!

I'm just saying that the video here is kinda of making fun of not being able to light fire to stuff. When really, the Torch is really good at lighting up stuff.

The problem with the Torch is not that it can't set fire to things, the problem is that it is bad quality, unreliable, drains batteries fast and really doesn't have much use as an actual flashlight.

Switch

Murudai said:
Yeah, but that doesn't mean it doesn't burn well :)

xJumper, you should of set fire to the torch itself and melted it, now that would of been funny! :D

Yea it burns well, and yea it's really bright.But still not quite that good of a flashlight. :-/

That piece of junk doesn't really put out 4100 lumens. No were near. I mean as if you would believe those propaganda WL crooks. And most heat is radiant heat in a very small reflector.
This is nothing more then unpractical gimmick or toy.

Srr you wasted your money on it. :'(

Razako

The WL torch is useless. With a 10 min runtime what are you actually going to use it for? If you only want it to set things on fire there is a much cheaper item that can do that.....matches.

The thing about the WL Torch is that first off its no where near 4100 lumens, they use a 100w halogen bulb and most of the power goes to creating heat not light and when you want a bright flashlight you want LIGHT!

They use the burning power to make people think that the actual beam of light is so powerfull it can do that, but back it up a few feet and it wont do shit. The Polarion Helios that is 1000 lumen's more powerfull than it has a beam of light visible up to 1 mile, thats like a laser, this thing is only a few blocks.

Good fire starter it is, 4100 lumens it is not, dangerous mother fker it is, useful it is not.

People buy it over the Polarion Helios because its supposedly only 1000 lumens less in power but only cost 300$ insted of 2000$ like the Helios.

Switch

You can get the Microfire HID searchlight from DX.3500 lumens, $538.00 , 35W power consumption.It's not even double the price of the WL torch but you can actually use it :p Or you could get this 35W HID light for less than the torch.