Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Torch Batt again..

Hello everyone I made a post about this years ago but I never ended up fixing the battery. I am about to do it but I have a couple more questions.

So I have two 100W wicked laser torches and both of their batteries died. I opened them up and its just 4 18650s with a chip in the middle. I googled the batteries and they are these here: (LINKED REMOVE BECAUSE IT WONT LET ME YET) posted pic

As you can see it says 20A but I was wondering if I can go over or under?

If not I was thinking of just buying this pack of 4 on amazon since its the same mah as the stock one and 20A: (LINKED REMOVE BECAUSE IT WONT LET ME YET) posted pic

Below I will post some pictures of how it looks all attached before I took the batteries off. I think one or two where defective.

Also if anyone could help me figure out what the middle connections could be. You can see on the first picture at the south pointing end of the battery the metal plate connects it from one positive end of one battery to the negative, I was wondering if that could be the case too for the middle part of the battery since you cant see that in the picture.

Here is my old thread if you want to take a look: (LINKED REMOVE BECAUSE IT WONT LET ME YET) You can see it on my profile.

Thanks!!

2.PNG
Capture.PNG

20221231_173238.jpg

20221231_173224.jpg
20221231_173221.jpg

The circuit board looks to be a BMS (battery management system) since the pack doesn't have a balance port. You can make a new battery pack with new cells, rated equal or higher than the originals, and transfer over the connector and BMS. You will need 4 new cells, some nickel strips and a spot welder to attach them. The connectors between the batteries placed end to end are probably a similar sized nickel strip to the one on the end just folded over with the BMS wire connection placed in the fold.

The circuit board looks to be a BMS (battery management system) since the pack doesn't have a balance port. You can make a new battery pack with new cells, rated equal or higher than the originals, and transfer over the connector and BMS. You will need 4 new cells, some nickel strips and a spot welder to attach them. The connectors between the batteries placed end to end are probably a similar sized nickel strip to the one on the end just folded over with the BMS wire connection placed in the fold.
Hey I was thinking of going to a RC store that has a lot of batteries and could I just get a battery with the same output? its 4 3.6v batts so thats 14.4v and 2500mah each. Could I just get one with the same output and connecter? These are the specs posted on wickedlasers site
Capture2.PNG

Yes, an appropriately rated 4S lipo would work as a substitute. It may not fit within the battery space of the flashlight but it can technically make the flashlight work again.

Yes, an appropriately rated 4S lipo would work as a substitute. It may not fit within the battery space of the flashlight but it can technically make the flashlight work again.
check this out.

they have more on that site too

Now that looks good actually, and its nice to see the included BMS board

Now that looks good actually, and its nice to see the included BMS board
Yes its nice but only 10A max is the one I can find. I already ordered 4 new batteries 20A and am gonna rebuild it. Epoch 25P 18650 2500mAh 20A Battery