Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Spyder III Pro Availability?

Hello all!

A newly registered guy here. I'm a long time candlepowerforums.com member and basically I am interested in anything that emits light. (Including the tubes from my guitar amp!)

I know there have been several review units sent out but has anyone actually paid for a Spyder III Pro and receive it?

Since they anounced the lower powered (and lower price) units in early October I've been lusting for one.

I actually orderd a 5mw version the day they were announced and I just ordered a 200mw version this week.

Wicked Lasers keeps saying in 1-2 weeks.

Anyone hear differently?

Thanks!

I have no doubt they will send you your laser. They probably have boat loads of them. Perhaps they are just waiting till after the Christmas shipping rush to send yours out. They seem like great lasers. I wouldn't mind one myself. I hope you get yours very soon.

Hello all!

A newly registered guy here. I'm a long time candlepowerforums.com member and basically I am interested in anything that emits light. (Including the tubes from my guitar amp!)

I know there have been several review units sent out but has anyone actually paid for a Spyder III Pro and receive it?

Since they anounced the lower powered (and lower price) units in early October I've been lusting for one.

I actually orderd a 5mw version the day they were announced and I just ordered a 200mw version this week.

Wicked Lasers keeps saying in 1-2 weeks.

Anyone hear differently?

Thanks!

Actually they only sent one unit to review, diachi got it, then revolution2007 bought it from him and he did his review. HMike got a prototype unit but he sent it back. Apparently they're still finishing some details or something else I still don't know.

Thank you for your replies!

I know there are much less expensive lasers out there and I have most of them.

It's the same thing in the flashlight world - there are many great lights at great prices, but when you hold on to say a Surefire U2 – your logical portion of your brain says it’s overpriced and under-powered compared to the competition – but your emotional side of your brain says its one fine piece of art and function. So you take a deep breath and hand over the money!

jayrob

Yeah... there are a few members waiting on a promised Spyder III Pro for review...

And I really don't think that Steve made those promises and then changed his mind.

More like, he wants to make sure that the product is going to perform. So they are doing some 'tweaking'...

jayrob

Steve contacted members via PM, I know that Hemlock Mike is waiting, Kennom, I'm waiting for a Spyder III Pro Green, and I think Niko is waiting for a blue...

But there may be a couple of more who have been told that they would get one to review.

Then I believe a few people started contacting him to ask to review other lasers...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

It's free stuff, how could anyone claim about the fact that they have not arrived yet? xD

Intel does not cherry pick processors. Where did you get such information?

I was being sarcastic and yes actually they are cherry picked for special events. They are not going to take a gainstown off the shelf (untested) to a public event to show off extreme overclocking.

Now reviewers don't get cherry picked cpus if that's what you were talking about.

I was being sarcastic and yes actually they are cherry picked for special events. They are not going to take a gainstown off the shelf (untested) to a public event to show off extreme overclocking.

Now reviewers don't get cherry picked cpus if that's what you were talking about.

Neither reviewers nor regular customers get cherry picked processors. You should read into how Intel makes their processors (and how they clock them, especially comparing how AMD clocks theirs), it's very interesting.

mrbear

I ordered a 5mW Spyder III last night ($98 with the holiday discount). Steve said they won't be shipping for another two weeks.

jayrob

For a purchase?

I've been hearing 1-2 weeks since Aug. 15th, but not for a purchase... For a review unit.

Yes, I purchased a 5mw model on October 21st.

I then I purchased a 200mw model on December 14th because “Live Chat” informed me that it was available for immediate shipment.

I haven't received either one.

Wicked Laser should change their Web page for the Spyder III. It is NOT "In Stock Now!".

My guess is that they wait until they get x amount of orders and then get them built.

Not very ethical.

I own my own business and if I operated it this way I wouldn't be in business very long.

Oh well, live and learn...