Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Spider S3 Blue Laser

Hi everyone I'm new here and I just got a used Spider S3 Blue Laser for $50. The laser had issues like missing the Standard Lens and the Battery was Dead. I got the Laser and cleaned all contacts on the power end replaced the Battery with a protected battery and the Laser is working both in High and low power. My only issue is the Focus is off The lens was loose and the hot glue holding it in place was loose. My question is what is a good distance to focus the laser at before reapplying the hot glue. I did get a New Standard lens from Wicked Laser but have not heard from them at what distance to set the focus of the inner lens. Thank you guys .

50 mW Green Laser
5 mW Red laser.
1 Watt Blue 445 Laser.

oahu99

You should focus it to infinity.
Basically you go outside, and shine the laser at a far away thing.
Then you focus the dot as small as it will go, then glue the lens.
That is how the focus would have been new.
Take it easy

ScottW

There are different designs of S3 over the years. Does yours have a standard threaded lens barrel? If so, my advice would be to completely remove it, put 2-3 wraps of Teflon plumbing tape on the threads, then reinstall it. The tape will add enough resistance it will stay focused without glue. If you ever need to change out the lens, or defocus so you can LPM the laser, you really don't want glue on there.

You want it focused to infinity, as oahu99 says.

Hi everyone I'm new here and I just got a used Spider S3 Blue Laser for $50. The laser had issues like missing the Standard Lens and the Battery was Dead. I got the Laser and cleaned all contacts on the power end replaced the Battery with a protected battery and the Laser is working both in High and low power. My only issue is the Focus is off The lens was loose and the hot glue holding it in place was loose. My question is what is a good distance to focus the laser at before reapplying the hot glue. I did get a New Standard lens from Wicked Laser but have not heard from them at what distance to set the focus of the inner lens. Thank you guys .

50 mW Green Laser
5 mW Red laser.
1 Watt Blue 445 Laser.

IsaacT

Also make sure to never EVER use superglue with or near optics. You may have already known this but for others who might not, the vapors will ruin your lens.

Thanks for the relies. I had a feeling on the focus was like that. What is a good distance to use as a target for it? In feet or how could I tell I'm at focus or so? Thanks.

upaa27

Shine the laser at something 20+ feet away and move then lense back and forth until you get the smallest dot possible (unless you want an engraving laser). Then stick the lense on but DO NOT get anything on the lense

Cool thanks. Can I replace the lens assembly with a new one or just keep what I got. Are these the Threads on the Spider S3? M9X0.5mm threading. Thanks