Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers: My Bad Experience...

Surprise, surprise, WL does it again... ::)

My experience has been the same with that company. I bought a P125, which was crazily underpowered. When I wrote e-mails to them, they just said that green lasers was more visible than red, and that they test all their lasers before sending them out. Well, I was a laser noob back then, I admit that, but not THAT much of a noob. They didn't fool me on that one. I requested a refund, but when I RMA:ed it, I got another pulsar instead! And that was a great laser, of course it was. NOT. I would estimate that it outputs about 70mw with FRESH alkalines.

So, from this experience, I will not RMA it back to them again. I will use it until it dies, and then swap it with a new, powerful 16x from SenKat. :D I will also put a damn driver in it! It will be a great host for a DIY laser, as it has the right size for an aixiz module, and the case looks pretty damn neat!

The greatest succes for WL (besides their advertising, of course) is their cases. Many of them does indeed look nice. But the lasers inside are a TOTAL FAIL.

Although, still I'm not gonna blame them, if you want to buy fro them, sure. The laser enthusiasts's task, our task, is in this case not necessarily to be violent against bad companies, but to educate newbies about lasers. Then they will learn to differ between good and bad companies. And we will achieve our goal: more people will become intersted in lasers, and the bad companies will fall since nobody buys from them anymore.

Wow, it seems I made an entire lecture about this. ;D

if you were new to lasers how do you KNOW they were underpowered. very common misconception for newbies who've seen pics of lasers in smoke filled rooms and thinking theyre getting a lightsaber ::) and if you never had a laser before i doubt you'd have a power meter laying around. not defending WL, just wanna know what your reasoning for calling them ALL underpowered is.

EDIT: also their lasers have thicker beams and do not burn well. an external focusing lense is fairly mandatory

StIwY

My bigger mistake was to attend the forum LC before buying.

I read from all parts of course beautiful view about WL ........ just a few months after I realized that it had bought shit unfortunately  ::) and learned that LC forum was under control of WL staff :mad:

Kinda funny actually, everyone at LC states that their wicked lasers are so great, that they are almost always overpowered etc. While almost everyone here have had a bad experience with them. Either most folks at lasercommunity are laser noobs, or they are making false statements about wicked lasers's products so that they can remain at the forum. OK, not all their lasers are bad, but it doesn't make sense that the people at lasercommunity are soooooo satisfied with them, while many here has a completely different story to tell about 'em, ::)  No, I think the entire LC are corrupt.

WTF, "lasercommuity" was changed to "the". :-? Does LPF have a word blocker against this or what?

StIwY

LazerGuy said:
 No, I think the entire LC are corrupt.

Yes, i agree.

In my opinion the mods are under the graces of WL.....perhaps to make some gift ... maybe some substantial discount or some laser free ..... and in return the claim they ask to seem Wl laser something of INCREDIBLE ;D

StIwY

Sawt al Hurriyah said:
Yeah, on LC forum they force people to suck up to WL. The mods get free lasers so they stay true to WL. They send the mods what are probably the ONLY overpowered laser that WL makes. :D It used to be a good forum though, in the last year they really clamped down on anyone who said anything against WL.I was banished from LC long ago for going against them.  :p

So my opinion was right ::) Corruption FTW

No words......

LazerGuy said:
Kinda funny actually, everyone at LC states that their wicked lasers are so great, that they are almost always overpowered etc. While almost everyone here have had a bad experience with them. Either most folks at lasercommunity are laser noobs, or they are making false statements about wicked lasers's products so that they can remain at the forum. OK, not all their lasers are bad, but it doesn't make sense that the people at lasercommunity are soooooo satisfied with them, while many here has a completely different story to tell about 'em, ::) No, I think the entire LC are corrupt.

WTF, "lasercommuity" was changed to "the". :-? Does LPF have a word blocker against this or what?
Yes, I believe that you're not supposed to advertise other forums on LPF. (But it's ok, you're not advertising)

Considering LC's reputation around here, no one cares if you talk about it. We all know it's crap, we all know this place is better.

And anyone who thinks 'well, lets just see...' will soon find out for themselves :)

Oh, and I'm still banned on LC ;D

I was actually IP banned, nothing I can do, lol. They even banned the proxy I use when I made a new account, just to be a harmless user again. I wasn't even TRYING to be banned that time, lol

LC isn't worth the effort to set up another proxy...

styropyro said:
[quote author=ohada link=1219067295/0#8 date=1219073985]something's wrong with the electric circuit since I have to jiggle the laser after each time I replace batteries before it works.
At least it doesn't seem underpowered (not by much anyway), since it burns very well (matches, balloons, black plastic) and stinges the skin.
You might be able to fix that problem by putting a little aluminum foil in the end cap, it sounds like the spring is recessed.

I should start linking to this thread on Youtube to show Wicked Laser Fanboys why WL sucks so bad.[/quote]

You should make a video that describes WHY wicked lasers sucks so much. :D

--hydro15

hydrogenman15 said:
[quote author=styropyro link=1219067295/0#15 date=1219091226][quote author=ohada link=1219067295/0#8 date=1219073985]something's wrong with the electric circuit since I have to jiggle the laser after each time I replace batteries before it works.
At least it doesn't seem underpowered (not by much anyway), since it burns very well (matches, balloons, black plastic) and stinges the skin.
You might be able to fix that problem by putting a little aluminum foil in the end cap, it sounds like the spring is recessed.

I should start linking to this thread on Youtube to show Wicked Laser Fanboys why WL sucks so bad.[/quote]

You should make a video that describes WHY wicked lasers sucks so much. :D

--hydro15[/quote]
The series of videos is in the making... ;D