Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Final 40

USAbro

Do we gotta call them douche bags just because they've got a bad reputation? :)

The people who work for them are people just like you and me.

I don't mind however, what you call their crap products.

ECBL

Do we gotta call them douche bags just because they've got a bad reputation? :)

The people who work for them are people just like you and me.

I don't mind however, what you call their crap products.

/\ /\ /\ /\ very good point :)

ECBL

Hey All,
Just thought I'd post an update on this topic... So I had placed an (impulse) order a few weeks back for the 2W Arctic for their Final40 sale :banghead:

Let's just say I accepted the possibility that there'd be issues with the promised "Expedited Shipping", but was staying open minded and hopeful lol.

So here's how it's gone down so far...

Placed the order on November 21'st.
Received an email on December 4th that the order would be shipped out in several days.
Received an email on the 6th telling me that my order had been shipped :wave: lol, I was surprised that it might actually arrive in the allotted timeframe.
...This morning I had a new email from Wicked Lasers letting me know there would be a significant delay in the delivery of my order due to the "Overwhelming number of orders they're trying to process"... HA! :crackup:
So they're saying it should arrive in 3-5 weeks... I'll be surprised if that's not an underestimation on their part.
Hell, as long as it arrives at all, then I'll be alright...

moze85

lol they're a joke.

I ordered 11/20 with the mandatory "expedited shipping."

After 1.5-2 weeks passed, I spoke with customer service and they informed me that the 1-3 week shipping window only applies after it ships -- meaning they can take their time and process it for weeks.

On 12/4, I received an e-mail stating it had shipped and that I would receive a tracking number in about 2 weeks. From that point, I should receive the package in less than a week.

Today, I received the same delays email stating that it would take 1-2 weeks longer than estimated. Oh well.

Also, after inquiring about this and stating that it was a bit misleading, especially with a 'expedited shipping' charge. She asked for my order numbers and bluntly told me she'd cancel them and I could take my business to another company.

Awesome.

pjhack

Just curious to touch a WL, so I've ordered an S3 Arctic 1.4W on 8th December. Still processing. I'll write any update.
There is a tweet from WL saying:"@TheFriedBoot our sale as made a shipping department crazy busy, please reach out to customer service to find out status of your order".

moze85

I contacted them last week stating that I had ordered on 11/20 and that I had received the shipping e-mail 12/4. I wanted to know if there was any chance I would receive the package by this Friday (12/19).

Their response was that yes, that is a very good chance it will arrive. I'm guessing this person really doesn't know and is just providing crowd control. However, I also think the delay e-mail we all received may have gone out to everyone with an active order. If your order has already shipped, you may be in the clear.

We'll see...

Myself and a friend both ordered Arctic on 11/20. He ordered the 2W and me the 1.4W. His was actually delivered today (I hear it's amazing) but I am still waiwaiting on mine. Hopefully it means I'll get mine soon! We're both in CA.

pjhack

Nice to hear that!
1+1 tells me that mine should arrive on 01/13, that is 01/20 with holidays.
But I hope CHI->EU is faster than CHI->CA :)

Was recommended WL by a friend. Saw the sale, purchased a number of lasers on the first. Now I find this site and folks here don't like the company for legit reasons. Have I made a huge mistake then? If so, what can I do now about it?

USAbro

Are the lasers not going to arrive for certain? If they arrive and work, you may have only gotten a bad deal for the price. If they don't arrive, you got scammed and should contact your credit card company right away.

Not sure. I sent an inquiry and got a (standard?) Reply 5th at everything is busy over there. No definitive dates yet, but I was hoping for it to get in before Christmas. Well, at least I did not purchase the green one. JetLasers for that one with a nice host?

pjhack

For what I know, they are quite slow and overpriced. With final40 they are very slow with better prices. The really good thing is that they guarantee refound also if blocked by customs, that sometimes can justify the price. I don't know what to say about quality. There are conflicting opinions about that.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my laser today! 1.4W Arctic, ordered on 11/20. Honestly if they would've just said it would be delivered in a month I would've been fine with that. This thing is awesome, extremely bright, very good build, I'm a happy customer now.

Nervous about my delivery. Hoping it comes in before the U.S. deadline. Still on "PROCESSING" stage.

moze85

Nervous about my delivery. Hoping it comes in before the U.S. deadline. Still on "PROCESSING" stage.

Hm... I'm not sure. Here's what my status looks like:

Date Added Status Payment Status Customer Notified
2014-11-21 03:39:05 Processing Received Yes

2014-12-04 09:19:03 Sorting Received No
Comment
Batch Status Change

2014-12-04 18:11:43 Sorting Received No
Comment

2014-12-04 20:06:10 Processed Received No
Comment
Batch Status Change

pjhack

That should be the common pattern. The next step should be the delivery. You are waiting since 12/04, imho you should worry if it doesn't arrive before 01/15.
Would customs controls be more intense in the end of December?

My order log:

2014-12-08 13:22:00 Processing Received Yes

2014-12-19 20:40:00 Sorting Received No
Comment
Batch Status Change

2014-12-20 12:19:00 Sorting Received No
Comment
UNumber: *******

2014-12-20 19:37:00 Processed Received No
Comment
Batch Status Change