Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers did not rip me off

Hey there, some people already know me... I ordered a Fusion + 523nm glasses + dragon case + caps and I just wanted to add some balance here... My Fusion was shit and I sent everything back and did get a FULL refund. So there's my experience!

Dan

Milos

Sounds like most 125mW are crap from WL.
Care to elaborate?

Hi, yeah there is a post on here somewhere and also on LC. It had an annoying line through the dot and used a set of batteries in less than half an hour. Wouldn't burn anything. However happy with full refund!

Dan

I know for sure that if you're looking to burn, then don't get the executive fusions. I have one that's been tested several times at 140mw, and it can't light matches from any distance. I went through 1 other executive fusion, and it consistently fluctuated between 124 and 130mw in output power over 30sec. In terms of output stability the fusions I recieved were pretty good. However, matches are a hit or miss. The first fusion I got lit matches (with a lot of effort), and had a lower output (126mw vs 140mw) than the fusion I have now (that can't light matches). However, the fusion that could light matches had a beam diameter of 1.2mm, and the fusion I have now is closer to 2mm in beam diameter. This makes a HUGE difference in burning abilities, since the intensity is inversely proportional to the square of the beam diameter.

I can't blame you for sending it back, you'd be better off getting a NOVA x-105 or 125 (if you don't mind waiting). They're much better value than the executive fusions, and they'll burn just about anything you'll want to burn.

Well the X-125 is the only laser you will have to wait on. NOVA has standards :D

I will get something like that - I wasn't looking for huge burnability mainly but there were just too many things bad about it.

Rhith

Well with the title it was WL's didn't rip you off, yet, as a customer paying good money they shipped you a poor product so that would in turn be ripping you off and then you had to go through the hassle of the RMA process and trying to get your refund.