Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WICKED LASERS CORE POPS A BLACK BALLOON!!!

T

timelord

Well as you know I'm in no way a fanboy of Wicked Lasers but I'm fair minded and will give credit where it's due.
I used a lens to assist the 5mw core and to my surprise!!!! :eek: :eek: [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif]

Attachments

• Wicked_Laser_5mw_core_pops_a_black_balloon.wmv
    4.8 MB · Views: 130

BooBoo

Hmm nice, is the IR filter at the very tip/attatched to the apreture, as on thier other lasers ? If so, removing it would yeild the 5mW able to ignite matches PoTentially hmmm ? :-?

NICE! My favorite bit of media from you yet (sure beats all those damn Steve pictures  :D).

a 5mW popping balloons? I've heard people talking about it. I've tried and failed myself. This is the first time I've seen video proof though! Been waiting months for this vid to be made.

T

timelord

BooBoo said:
Hmm nice, is the IR filter at the very tip/attatched to the apreture, as on thier other lasers ? If so, removing it would yeild the 5mW able to ignite matches PoTentially hmmm ? :-?
Under no circumstances has this laser been modified FULL STOP!! It's all standard as I recieved it from WL. This was my free core when the offer was on....

T

timelord

pseudonomen137 said:
NICE! My favorite bit of media from you yet (sure beats all those damn Steve pictures :D).

a 5mW popping balloons? I've heard people talking about it. I've tried and failed myself. This is the first time I've seen video proof though! Been waiting months for this vid to be made.
I'm glad you like it I've proven the myth for the first time ever on video too :cool:

BooBoo

NoNo I wasnt saying it was.....Al..though... if the ir filter were removed from it... in your opinion, might it have the potential to Then possibly ignite matches..... as I think it was(not100%sure) bootlegtogo, that posed Once on LC about he or a friend of his, was able to ignite a match with a 5mW...unsure if it was stated that is was a red or green...just curious....as if un-modded some can aparently pop balloons.....perhaps that other statement that I had always doubted might also be true... soo any opinions... might removal of its IR-Filter give it the Potential to ignite matches... or at the minimal...smoke them ? ;)

T

timelord

Well I won't be removing the filter to try this, when something is good already then I leave well alone. I've measured the output of the core I have and it's doing about 4.6mw on the coherent lasercheck.
I will do a test with the LPM-1 to see it's spec over a small time period.

Y

yew.sir-name

Topless timelord [smiley=shocked.gif]

I never knew 5mw could pop, i might give it a go with my 10mw later.

BooBoo

ok... let me put it a different way...but I will have to use some of the same words... as they are key... :cool:

SEEINg as How You Have Shown, that a <5mW Green with an IR filter IS in FACT Able to PoP a Balloon..... would it be in your, or anyone-elses Opinion, that IF... a Person whom has a 5mW greenie with IR filter....Were to remove its said IR-Filter.... could you see/imagine.... or guage in your best Educated Guess.... that a <5mW greenie Might then Have the POTENTIAL to in fact, Possibly... ignite or smoke a sharpied match ?

Not once did I refer to or elude that TL had removed his IR-Filter...as was Understood(by me) from the first post on this thread that he did not, and accomplished the balloon pOp with his Un-Modified<5mW Core....Nor am I asking TL to remove the IR-Filter from his to find out...only educated Opinions...or rather opinions bourne from one's Experiences with lasers in general.

I Had to ask, as I never beileved the post on LC where an 'experienced member' claimed it was possible to ignite matches with a 5mW....until now again entertaining the idea, After seeing that in Fact TL showed it IS possible to pop a balloon with one :cool:

Justin

Using an external lens we were able to light a match using an Aries-20 from almost 6 feet "downstream". It took a very steady hand and several seconds but it did light. It's amazing what an external lens will do for your lasers' heat generation and ability to burn things.

T

timelord

As promised I've done a graph of the 5mw core, the lasers power peaked at 4.539mw as read by my LPM-1.
So I've popped a balloon with something thought to have no real power :D

Attachments

• 5mw_core_test_with_new_batteries.jpg
    5mw_core_test_with_new_batteries.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 631
BooBoo said:
ok... let me put it a different way...but I will have to use some of the same words... as they are key... :cool:

SEEINg as How You Have Shown, that a <5mW Green with an IR filter IS in FACT Able to PoP a Balloon..... would it be in your, or anyone-elses Opinion, that IF... a Person whom has a 5mW greenie with IR filter....Were to remove its said IR-Filter.... could you see/imagine.... or guage in your best Educated Guess.... that a <5mW greenie Might then Have the POTENTIAL to in fact, Possibly... ignite or smoke a sharpied match ?

Not once did I refer to or elude that TL had removed his IR-Filter...as was Understood(by me) from the first post on this thread that he did not, and accomplished the balloon pOp with his Un-Modified<5mW Core....Nor am I asking TL to remove the IR-Filter from his to find out...only educated Opinions...or rather opinions bourne from one's Experiences with lasers in general.

I Had to ask, as I never beileved the post on LC where an 'experienced member' claimed it was possible to ignite matches with a 5mW....until now again entertaining the idea, After seeing that in Fact TL showed it IS possible to pop a balloon with one  :cool:
I wouldn't think removing the IR filter would do anything extra because the IR spreads out more like a flashlight where the green goes in nearly a straight line, so the IR wouldn't be focused enough to light matches.