Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Bias

Just thought I'd make a quick note.
A lot of people have been saying that this forum is biased against WL.
That is not true.
I think it seems that way because there is so much mention of wicked's horrible customer service, products and forums. What must be considered is that this is not bias, it's just true. I have personally heard only 1 or 2 good things / success stories with wicked against the hundreds of bad ones.

You could argue that is what makes a bias, however I think a bias is unwarranted unfairness, whereas this is a well warranted collective opinion.

Again, as usual, I strongly urge EVERYONE to STAY AWAY from wicked, and lean towards the responsible companies that send out well built over spec lasers such as Nova, Optotronics, Laserglow. (I might mention Blaze Lasers but they have yet to be proven.)

Razako

My pulsar125 is decent even if it was way overpriced. My main complaint about wicked is the prices on their green pointers. They cost about twice as much as the Nova equivalent and you are lucky if you get one that isn't underspec. Also wtf is up with the $1,600+ Sonar? Seems a bit excessive for a 12mw blu-ray in a nice case ::)

ya, when i got my first over 5mw laser, iwould only uy from wicked, but thats because of all the fake reviews and stuff that they have, and that before i ran across this site and learned of nova,..... this site is really helpful

Razako

Actually I don't mind wicked nearly as much as techlasers. At least wicked sells their own unique lasers. All techlasers does is copy everything on optotronics and laserglow.

ixfd64

I wouldn't say that this forum is biased against Wicked. The views of individual users do not necessarily reflect that of the forum.

me_too_lazy said:
both wickedlasers/techlasers are the same company..

Exactly but they like to deny it.Techlasers is their cheap division created to compete with Laserglow and Nova but its a major scam or failure in my oppinion wripp off,so is Wicked lasers it cost peanuts to manufacture those and they don`t use top quality internal parts at all ,the diodes are cheap sh...t and Ktp crystals definately not OSram or Nlight.They dress the lasers up externally to make it look expensive but all it is ,is the same material used in 5 dolar ebay LED flash lights except with common Laser engraving on them,which is peanuts to produce in China as well.

Sorry but we as a community must start waking up and stop this scam and unfairness and bring the prices down.600usd for a 150mw pen type laser is literally theft unless it was plated with 24k gold and
Swarovski crystals.:) Ruddy Ripp offs