Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers "700mW" Artic Down under (Aussie) review

AUSBEN

Hi everyone,

Just a quick short review of my new laser i ordered from wicked lasers while the 40% sale was current.

I ordered my laser on the 26th of November 2014 the order did take multiple weeks to process or even be sent out.

I got my laser on the 14th of January 2014. No tracking number was ever supplied.

The laser was supplied with,

- Batteries
- 2x Laser goggles
- Battery and Charger
- Laser power test.

The laser test stated that my 700mW laser i ordered peaks at 1.5w and was pretty stable at that rate. Unfortunately i do not own a power meter and cannot confirm this information is true.

Package was well packed and laser works perfectly,
even better is that the laser passed through aussie customs declared as 2x laser pointer pens. (Lol)

The quality of this laser is awesome and i cannot pick out one flaw with it as of yet.

Burns anything you can put in front of it (Generally talking)

Pics,

syCMHeg.png

mEe2d3A.png

Total ratings,

Shipping 4/10

Quality 9.5/10

Customer support 7/10

Overall 8.9/10

I'm happy though. :)

Last edited:

Congrats on the purchase!

Before you bought it you knew that theres a high chance it could've been confiscated if the custom ran a check on it..... Mate, you've got balls of steel! haha :beer: :D

Last edited:

AUSBEN

Yep got abit of a collection going on at the moment haha.

I dont really use them that much its more a collection thing for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review!

As said by bajaiman, you're lucky it got through customs. I heard Aussie's customs is the worst ;)

If I can, try taking a few beam shots. That will make this review even better! Enjoy your laser!

-Alex

Did you just cross your fingers with regards to Aussie customs?
Good On you for getting it through:beer:
I Cant say i would risk that myself...

Beam shot? Did you mean you got it jan2015? Or was there a flux capacitor involved?

Hubble

When you checked the customer access system, did your order status ever change from processing to processed? You said you never got a tracking number, so I am curious on whether the order status still said processing after they shipped it out to you.

I only ask because I ordered mine on December 16th and my order status still says processing. Every time I try to contact customer service they just say that the FINAL40 deal coupled with the holiday season resulted in shipping being really backed up.

Also every time I speak to them they give me a new ETA, so that's frustrating. I'm wondering if it is even worth checking the order status anymore. Judging by how long it took you to get yours, I don't expect to see mine until at least mid February.

Thanks for the review though, very helpful!

AUSBEN

When you checked the customer access system, did your order status ever change from processing to processed? You said you never got a tracking number, so I am curious on whether the order status still said processing after they shipped it out to you.

I only ask because I ordered mine on December 16th and my order status still says processing. Every time I try to contact customer service they just say that the FINAL40 deal coupled with the holiday season resulted in shipping being really backed up.

Also every time I speak to them they give me a new ETA, so that's frustrating. I'm wondering if it is even worth checking the order status anymore. Judging by how long it took you to get yours, I don't expect to see mine until at least mid February.

Thanks for the review though, very helpful!

Yes the status did change

SteveT

Nice review. I ordered my 1.4W Arctic the same day as you and it arrived in the UK on 23/12. You have done very well as it seems your laser is 100% overspec; the LPM readout for mine just exceeded 1.7W peak. I've managed to light a match from 30 feet and find myself dreaming up further burning 'challenges.'

Don't mean to hijack but here's a beamshot of mine, no fog... Excuse the clutter.

Attachments

• rps20150124_001537.jpg
    rps20150124_001537.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 440
Don not get me wrong but in my opinion the laser looks really nice. I think shipping definitely needs to improve, in fact some people do not even get theirs. Really glad it went through customs without problem for you.