Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wicked laser sale

wl has recently lowered price of spyder 2 by 15%. has anyone pulled the trigger on this?

T

timelord

To near to after xmas for me and with all the teething problems with the Spyder II it's worth waiting for the glitches to be ironed out. ;)

They need more than 15% off. Spyder is not worth the $ at this point. I think it is overated. I do admit the size is nice. What exactly is the diode size and what % is it run at? I don't see any of this info on their site.

P

Proctor

I wouldn't buy one. They're overpriced. The front lens AR coating scratches off in your pocket because they decided to stick a huge glass element on the front, unprotected. They aren't fully waterproof, they aren't shockproof.

The blue one isn't even worth it. It's TEM30. Who wants a TEM30 laser for $2000...even if it's blue? You can buy a 100mW TEM00 473nm module for less than that! 15% makes no difference as you already got %5 or possibly %15 off when you used a wickedbucks code.

T

timelord

Steve is too greedy and i don't think prices will ever come down, only increase :eek:

P

Proctor

aliencam said:
i think they're too much right now also.

I bet the green costs under $200 to make, and the blue's cost under $500 to make. LG has a 20mW 473nm for $700...if i'm not mistaken?

They do look damn nice though. I'd buy just the case ;D

T

timelord

Proctor said:
[quote author=aliencam link=1170611994/0#4 date=1171253155]i think they're too much right now also.

I bet the green costs under $200 to make, and the blue's cost under $500 to make. LG has a 20mW 473nm for $700...if i'm not mistaken?

They do look damn nice though. I'd buy just the case  ;D[/quote]
Will a 20mw burn stuff??

P

Proctor

Timelord said:
[quote author=Proctor link=1170611994/0#6 date=1171253302][quote author=aliencam link=1170611994/0#4 date=1171253155]i think they're too much right now also.

They do look damn nice though. I'd buy just the case ;D[/quote]
Will a 20mw burn stuff??[/quote]

http://www.lucentoptics.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=6 ;)

As you decrease nanometers, burning power gets every so slightly greater.