Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Laser blue safety goggles

Blue goggles for use with red lasers

1. Fair price (US$ 30 inc. shipment).

2.  Nice blue colour and stylish frame

3. Not ideal for spectacle wearers as the arms are not really long enough to reach the ears when worn over specs.

4. Filtering power is not stated, but it is less than the Dragon equivalent orange goggles for use with violet and green which are very effective. The spot is still quite bright with the Wickeds so I wouldn't want to a take a direct hit even wearing them.

5. That said, it is always a question of striking a balance. The Dragons are almost too powerful so that a 10mw green spot projected onto a wall at 20 feet is invisible. Trade off of safety versus functionality as ever....

6. Seem solidly built.

Overall good value but for very high powers (say 200mw+) they might be insufficient.

diachi

Shine your laser through the goggles ( without them on ) and see how much is passed through, I find that with my laser-wave broadband goggles my red still looks quite bright , even though it reflects direct beams .

-Adam

The spot from my blu-ray looks pretty bright through my Laser-Wave blu-ray goggles, but they protected me from a mirror hit yesterday! (Keep in mind, I would never be so careless around mirrors without goggles on...)

It was not very bright, most of it was reflected, and the rest absorbed. The laser looks a LOT dimmer when shined through the goggles. Remember also that the eye's perception to light is not linear, so they may block out more light than it seems.

I'm not entirely sure, though. I've never seen a pair of Wickedshades, so I don't know how well they work.

-Mark