Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wich laser to choose?

MOZAKI

hello guys
i have 140$ to spend for my first laser and i want to ask the best laser for that price because i will probably buying one for a long time to come
i was wondering wich one is the best of the two in terms of laser visibility and quality

Viper Series 75mW Green Laser Pointer | Dragon Lasers
75mw = 149$
Wavelength 532nm
Output Power measured over 60 seconds at 23 Celsius
Working Current DC 3V, <600mA
Beam Diameter 1.2mm @ aperture
Transverse Mode TEMoo
Operating Mode CW
Working Temperature 15C to 35C

and

200mw Green Laser - more power of the Green Laser beam: 100mw, 200mw,300mw and more power
150 mw = 149$
(specs are in the link)

is it possible that the dragon laser will beat the warnlaser despite having half the mw but having the same price?
or is it just because dragon laser are way overexpensive lasers on the market

and please if you have a laser that is good for that price please let me know

thanks in advance

Lazerer.com
Get the 200mW LZClassic (LZCS) and a pair of laser safety goggles.
Youll need the 445nm-532nm goggles for any laser. Period. And dont try and convince yourself that you dont need goggles. We have all seen people lose their vision because of that fact.
That option should give you money left over and a happy purchase.

MOZAKI

thanks will check it out
are safety goggles needed when you just pointing in the night sky and very far objects?
im not really planning to use it indoors
anyone have lasers for 140$ that worth its price in terms of beam visibility?

I,m not sure on this i'm a bit young. Get The Glasses! I don't know enough on beam visibility to help.

Lazerer.com
Get the 200mW LZClassic (LZCS) and a pair of laser safety goggles.
Youll need the 445nm-532nm goggles for any laser. Period. And dont try and convince yourself that you dont need goggles. We have all seen people lose their vision because of that fact.
That option should give you money left over and a happy purchase.
Sorry for the subject change. I am new on here. I have a question regarding my first laser projector. I have a 150mW 532nm, a 450mW 450nm, and need to purchase a 650-660nm module to blend. What strength should I purchase? I figured found a 500mW, a 800mW, and 1W. The prices vary quite a bit and I am on a budget. The 800mW seems closer to what I need but is around $100 more than the 1W. Not sure why, but I am in need of some input. Thanks.

Last edited:
@MOZAKI: No you do not need goggles outdoors. Just be careful where you point it, as always. You may want the goggles anyways though so just buy em anyways. You cant put a price on your eyes.

@FrigginLaser: Actually a 400-500mW 650 sounds proper to me. It has nice beam specs too. Not sure if im right on this. You can find a member that KNOWS projectors and "brightness combinations" better then me. Just look at their signatures :)

@Landon499: Yeah. That's a good choice. You really don't need anything more powerful then the 100mW LZSK though. The beam of a 50mW 532nm laser is blatantly visible. I love my 100mW. As always, buy some safety goggles for the proper wavelength! Especially if your going to buy a 400mw 532nm.

Kartracer is the 200mw or 100 mw green laser we were talking about good for burning?

Thanks steellegend for the advice :)
But there is a 400mw laser on lazerer.com for $240 USD should I get that or the hulk green laser 100mw not focusable Thank.