Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why the people like lasers?

Burnsy

You can shine the beam on a ladies boobies from across the bar.
If she smiles you have a chance, even a conversation starter.
Do not use this after 10 beers though, because the only target you'll be able to hit and keep on is a very large woman, you'll find this out the following morning.
rofl true story? :oops:

You can shine the beam on a ladies boobies from across the bar.
If she smiles you have a chance, even a conversation starter.
Do not use this after 10 beers though, because the only target you'll be able to hit and keep on is a very large woman, you'll find this out the following morning.

Don't use too powerful of a laser, either... :crackup:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hamburgeddon.jpg
    Hamburgeddon.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 276
IIHO, the laser is one of the greatest photonic devices ever created. (eclipsed only by the light bulb)
It has helped more people lead normal lives then can be imagined, through surgical applications.
Without it some of our most used and beloved devices would not exist. CD, DVD,CD-ROM.
The world of measurement has been forever changed by lasers also. Today, parts coming off of a manufacturing machine can be tolerance checked at 1000X the speed of before.
The bar-code scanner has changed the way the world identifies and keeps track of items.
For military use, the laser is invaluable in guided rockets, laser sighting devices and recently, actual detonation of explosives, which in the past would (and have) killed many, many people.
I could go on and on, but you now have a glimpse of why I love and admire lasers.
The world would be a very different place without them!
And I am able to own a small piece of this very important history.
Plus, they are so purrrty:D

Last edited:
I'm not so much as interested into burning things than the way lasers work. We are born being used to scattered light because it renders the world that we see. Laser in essence is coherent light that is collimated [if its not your laser's in trouble] into a low divergence beam. The beam itself is unnatural, atypical, hence fascinating.

For me, the light of a laser traveling through air and not "bouncing" off any object around it except those in direct line of sight is equally as fascinating as looking at liquid mercury rolling around in containers wondering why it doesn't "soak" the container the way water does.