Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why is my 532nm Laser doing this?

Pman

What you guys describe sounds like a reverse polarity issue due to putting the batteries in the wrong direction. I did this once with a Blord build (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) but the driver had reverse polarity protection and Blord had me send it back and he replaced the board and it was just as new.
Some units can handle a hit of accidentaly putting a couple batteries in such as (2) 16340 when it is supposed to take an 18650 and some can't. Wouldn't recommend anyone doubling the voltage just to try it.
This is why you should keep a notebook with all your units listed in case you forget how many batteries and what polarity to use. The more units you have, the more confusing it gets.
I write down the brand, nm, type (such as hand-held or pen), battery and + or - to case, # of batteries, whether it is adjustable focus, has star caps and mw output.
Problem is I've built so many units in the last month or 2 and given many away that I didn't keep up with the notebook and now I really need to go back through it all.

Last edited:

I told the op this might be what he did. But jetlasers.org has polarity reversal protection as hakzaw1 told me a while back. And a member reminded me on this thread. It sounds like that's exactly the problem though from how he described it. Same thing happened to me

may the cristal ist brocken, or dejustet (dejustutiert I don't know how to call it in English)

Encap

Contact Gray at JetLasers which I think you have done as you mentioned it in a post. Return the malfunctioning example to JetLasers for repair or replacement. Should not be a problem of any kind.

Yea, he is sending me a new unit. Advised him I could sent the broken one back if he wishes :)

He's sending you a new one withou getting the broken one first. Damn mines broken too!

Pman

Jetlasers is a good company. Make sure you humbly thank them;)

Yea haha. I absolutely love them, and Gray he is a really nice and helpful guy. Highly recommend them!
:)