Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why don't laser sites ever offer a monthly package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginD

Like how you see on the market for leasing items like PCs or what have you. I think this would open up a broader range of buyers. This might be cringe, but it makes sense if you actually think about it. Why pay $600 at one time, not a lot of people have that kind of money to just shell out, and for something not of high priority mind you. When you say "I bought a laser pointer for $639" people are going to call you names or just call you stupid in general.

I think there needs to be some sort of monthly plan, like $600 in price? $125/m payment. I mean why not? And if they damage the laser in anyway whatsoever after returning it back to the seller after saying they don't want it, the seller can charge them full price.

There's less of an argument against this method, if a lot more people see there is a monthly option, they will consider that option. Rather than the full price, plus the batteries, plus the lens kits and the shipping cost.

GSS

Credit cards..?????
Lasers we see have diodes that are driven 100 times more than rated. Some don't follow proper procedure and over run them till failure.
How would a seller get paid if the laser on credit was to be broken. Would you pay the full amount back to a seller if your laser broke.
No one will admit fault.
This idea is just wow??? I'm kinda speechless.

Encap

Credit cards..?????
Lasers we see have diodes that are driven 100 times more than rated. Some don't follow proper procedure and over run them till failure.
How would a seller get paid if the laser on credit was to be broken. Would you pay the full amount back to a seller if your laser broke.
No one will admit fault.
This idea is just wow??? I'm kinda speechless.
Exactly -- is an idiotic daydream from the get/go.LOL(y)

Email them all and ask them why they don't.
Would guess no one is going to do that because too much time, money, liability and trouble for little or no money to be made.
Is a silly and not viable idea for many reasons and an outright stupid idea from a legal standpoint being that trading in lasers over 5mW in output is illegal in USA not to mention the cost liability insurance and law suit issues if some idiot blinds himself with a rented laser or damages it or loses it and refuses to pay. LOL
"Laser products promoted for pointing and demonstration purposes are limited to hazard Class IIIa by FDA regulation.
21 CFR 1040.11(b) and 1040.11(c), limit surveying, leveling, and alignment, and demonstration laser products to Class IIIa. This means that pointers are limited to 5 milliwatts output power in the visible wavelength range from 400 to 710 nanometers. There are also limits for any invisible wavelengths and for short pulses. Pointers may not exceed the accessible emission limits of CDRH Class IIIa or IEC1 Class 3R."
See USA law here: https://www.fda.gov/radiation-emitt...rtant-information-laser-pointer-manufacturers

If you want a $639 laser for reasons unknown, almost none cost that much these days, and can't afford it then don't buy it or use a credit card and pay off whatever you can per month.
Is a self limiting problem --no money no laser no problems. or save up the money to buy what you want.

In the meantime you can buy a 100mW 532nm green laser 301 on ebay for $5- $10

Last edited:

Snecho

Sounds like the guy a few months ago complaining that lasers are too expensive, and everyone should let him borrow their's for a loan.

Who has since been banned/deleted for spam and multiple accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.