Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why are Wicked lasers so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMIDSY

Lol ill email them later and see if they'll come down for a chat :)

this isn't an anti WL thread i just wanted to see why people thought they are so bad!

SMIDSY said:
Im detecting anger in this thread *backs away*...

We should bring in a WL representative to talk to all of you guys... see what happens....

Well I was originally a member of Laser Community, Wicked Lasers Forum.

And yeah, they censor like no tomorrow, they even deleted one of my threads.

If you get down to pure economics they're trying to disrupt the free market scenario by trying to gain a monopoly.

I was under their spell until I came here.

Its a no brainer, $399 for a 125mW Green?

Put it this way, you aren't paying for the quality or functionality, you're paying for their slick and sexy housing and the brand name Wicked Lasers and the wow factor when you link your friends to the site and the video of the Future Weapons clip, which by the way has no reference to Wicked Lasers in that video whatsoever.

I've got a Core myself which I quite enjoy but I wouldn't be willing to dish out that kinda money for the higher outputs when you can go to other places.

On the other hand, you gotta admit Wicked Laser's lasers are the best looking.

I guess if you're loaded you might as well get Wicked Lasers, provided that you have a laser power meter and you aren't afraid to go head to head with WL if they won't refund you.

SMIDSY

I asked them to send a representative.

Ill take a bet they just ignore the ticket :)

That'd be seriously interesting to see,
it'd never end,
they'd claim superior quality and customer service to whatever argument.

Except the censoring on the forums,
unless they go for the,
those lasers aren't safe,
ours are the responsible choice.

Btw nice picture,
we got Chav descendants here in Sydney called Lads.

SMIDSY

yeah it woudl be interesting.... ill keep you posted...

thanks i like the pic too... who ya going to call?

lam3

I actually received my LaserShades and Dragon case from Wickedlasers today.

I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised. They offered good customer service and the shipping was ridiculously quick. I ordered Tuesday and it arrived today, only 2 days transit time from China to the Netherlands. Take that, dealextreme :eek:. Their packaging was also nice, and the goggles seem fine aswell. They include a case for them, and a cleaning rag. They also listed the package as 10$ sunglasses, which saves me customs duties. All in all, at least their accessories are fine. I might order a CORE for a friend or for myself, since they're not that expensive and didn't get that bad reviews on LPF.

Yup, the Core, Dragon Case and Shades = top notch.

And they do have the fastest shipping in the universe...

Like I said, if you're loaded and impatient, go right ahead.

lazed said:
I used to think that all of the members here were biased, but now I see why wicked sucks. I bought my Evo 35mW for $200. With that money, I could have spent 9 bucks more and gotten a nova x-100 with much better customer service and quality control. The Evo is OK, but I had no idea that I could have so much more power for the same price. That was partly because of their ridiculous forum. If you post anything negative there, you immediately get permanently banned. If you even talk about any other laser company, you get banned. I've heard that with their high powered models, they often ship out far underspec lasers. Wicked is pure deception; stay away from them at all costs unless for goggles.

Just my two cents.

yup, i posted a TRUTHFUL review of an Evo 75mW. In which, i commented about the poor button construction on it, and i mentioned that when i got it graphed from my friends sintec meter it was only averaging around 52mW. About 30 minutes after i posted the bulletin on "those" forums i was banned IP and all. So i used a proxy server to go back onto the forum and was "surprised" to see that my entire post was deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.