Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who's got a bigger laser?

VillageIdiot said:
[quote author=FrothyChimp link=1210884727/0#7 date=1210948809]Do you think I might like lasers? LOL. Here's a picture taken a while ago so it is missing several of the newer lasers:

CurrentLaserList.jpg

I demand a beam shot.

Of all of them at the same time.

Better still arrange them so all the beams cross at a little point. Then burn anything and everything. [/quote]

I second that. If you don't Chuck Norris will have something to say about it.

climbak said:
[quote author=VillageIdiot link=1210884727/15#15 date=1210991863][quote author=FrothyChimp link=1210884727/0#7 date=1210948809]Do you think I might like lasers? LOL. Here's a picture taken a while ago so it is missing several of the newer lasers:

CurrentLaserList.jpg

I demand a beam shot.

Of all of them at the same time.

Better still arrange them so all the beams cross at a little point. Then burn anything and everything. [/quote]

I second that. If you don't Chuck Norris will have something to say about it.
[/quote]

Chuck Norris doesn't speak, he kills. He won't say anything. At least be prepared to be roundhouse kicked if you don't provide us with a cool beamshot.

I want you to burn a whole on your house like this:
phpw9jvl0pm.jpg

Switch said:
So FrothyChimp, there's a guy on youtube who built a ruby laser into an ammo box.Was that you? :p

No that is not my Ruby Laser. But I was impressed how well that guy arranged the components in the .50 caliber ammo can. Mine has been dismantled long ago and was built on a breadboard....not an electronics breadboard but a real wooden breadboard so it was easy to carry around as a unit and all the components were displayed. It was built for a science fair.

I have beam shots on the site. Somewhere in multimedia or you can just go to youtube.com/frothychimp. I have seven videos of different lasers burning things.

Event Horizon said:
[quote author=Dr. Evil link=1210884727/0#4 date=1210910738]I am currently waiting on a HeNe I won on fleabay.

That was YOU? I had my eye on that puppy! :p[/quote]

I'll be sure to post some pictures and maybe a video once I get it. :p

Switch

FrothyChimp said:
[quote author=Switch link=1210884727/0#12 date=1210967915]So FrothyChimp, there's a guy on youtube who built a ruby laser into an ammo box.Was that you? :p

No that is not my Ruby Laser. But I was impressed how well that guy arranged the components in the .50 caliber ammo can. Mine has been dismantled long ago and was built on a breadboard....not an electronics breadboard but a real wooden breadboard so it was easy to carry around as a unit and all the components were displayed. It was built for a science fair.

I have beam shots on the site. Somewhere in multimedia or you can just go to youtube.com/frothychimp. I have seven videos of different lasers burning things.[/quote]

So I guess, to build your own ruby laser at 14 is pretty common.Hurry up VillageIdiot, you don't have much time left!!! ;D

Get out of town, dude. :eek: And can someone +rep me or even -rep me? I don't like sitting on 13 for very long.

Hah, well at least my cat isn't black. ;D ;D Double joke - a superstitious one and a racist one as well! haha!

MarioMaster said:
I HAD an argon so I checked that on the list as well, and I have my HeNe tube I bought from wannaburn not too long ago  :)

still waiting for a reply on mine :)

VillageIdiot said:
Hah, well at least my cat isn't black.  ;D ;D Double joke - a superstitious one and a racist one as well! haha!

Hey nothing wrong with black cats mine is black. in ancient times they were considered sacred.

I've got a 60W CO[sub]2[/sub] that requires a duty cycle (I broke the output coupler water cooling jacket) of 2 minutes on 3 minutes off. However I can't think of an application of where I would need more than 120 seconds of 60W, Most everything in the beam path is gone in a few seconds anyway, amirite?

I also Own a no-name 633nm HeNe but it's only 0.7mW so I didn't list it. Class II isn't exactly a big laser.

I've also got a 1W green lab module. It's TEM[sub]01[/sub] but a watt of green for $1300... you can't go wrong.

For argons I've got a small (in a relative sense) Single line spectra physics 163 that outputs 5mW idle at 4A tube current and 50mW at 10A. Powered by 110V

And my gem: 4 watts of blue, anyone?
I've recently procured a modified HGM5 medical argon laser from heruur. It initially operated in pulses ranging from 1/2 to 30 seconds but the power supply is now modified (by heruur) for CW operation. It was cooled by a 1/20HP 4" wheeled blower motor which is extremely anemic for CW so I added an industrial strength blower with a 1HP motor and 9" wheel. I can now run it at 3W indefinitely or 4W for a few seconds. By indefinitely I mean as long as you can survive in an ever rising temperature in the room with it. The tube is capable of up to 5W because of an unusually wide bore of about 3mm. The power supply lacks the ability to sustain operation above about 3-4W because... well it wasn't built that way, not enough capacitance I'm told. At 6A idle output is ~50mW with ~4W at 34A. Multiline output ranges from 457 to 514nm. I usually run it around 2W because
HOLY SHIT that's bright enough for home use!!

I've lit candles with it no problem.

220V 50A single phase outlet required (ouch)

I don't have the biggest but I got quanity.
Crystals:
2, 3*3*.5 YVO4
2. 3*3*2 YVO4
10, 3*3*1 YVO4
2, 3*3*2 YAG
2, 2*2*5 BiBO
10, 2*2*5 KTP

14, 2W 808 LD
3, 1W 808 LD
10, 22x expander kits
532nm
1, 100mW labby
5, 30mW pointers

HeNe 2mW hard seal

Piezo scanner protype
Motorized scanners

all electronics to supply the drive.

Just short on labor. ATM

I will assemble all, one of these days.

Too buzy listening to Rory Gallagher music ATM

Switch

VillageIdiot said:
Get out of town, dude.  :eek: And can someone +rep me or even -rep me? I don't like sitting on 13 for very long.
Yea sure, I'll -rep you after you get 14 ::) :D :D :D