Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who needs Tetris Effect when we've got this? (aka Tetris with lasers)

I've got my Helios DAC and I've been experimenting with it, this is a Tetris running on it through the Python API, more info in the video description

Benm

I guess that sort of works, but the projection is pretty far from ideal. Have you calibrated this projector to an ILDA test pattern at all?

I guess that sort of works, but the projection is pretty far from ideal. Have you calibrated this projector to an ILDA test pattern at all?

The projector I'm using is a really cheap one (a bit over $200), so there isn't much to expect from it. It doesn't even support intensities/brightness
There isn't much calibration I can do without taking it apart unfortunately, but the factory calibration seems to be rather good
The ILDA test pattern looks fine when I play it off the built-in SD card reader, just like it's supposed to (minus the intensities)
However, my Python script is written by me and thus doesn't have much optimization features that would make the projection look better
Now, if what you're wondering about is the inaccuracy of the projection, I can make it more accurate and it looks pretty good, but it becomes flickery, which is not a dealbreaker irl, but looks terrible when captured with a camera

norma_bailey

Wow, good idea, I really like Tetris and I also like this modification very much)