Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who here has been banned?

Chad

Artix said:
[quote author=Maelstrom link=1219456699/0#15 date=1219802920]Once. I posted a thread seeing what they thought of Popular Mechanices of "The Torch"  :p

You got banned for that :eek: nobody gets banned like that here (wes was an idiot ::)), what is up over there?[/quote]

Did you ever read that review? PM basically proved that the torch is a POS. One of the battery contacts melted after just a few seconds of use. Of course they wouldn't like that.

And, if you hadn't realized it already, WL's policy is to ban anyone who says anything even remotely negative about their lasers. As Shrecken said, they'll also ban for violating any of their other "rules". which mainly consist of fooling the members into thinking that WL is the only place to buy handheld lasers.

Razako

They banned me for posting the name of another laser company. Some guy was asking where to get a laser power meter and I linked him to the meter section of the coherent website. They deleted my post and banned my IP from their forum for that ::) I mean wtf....Does Coherent even make hand held lasers?

I reset my modem for a new IP and now I just lurk there because there isn't any worthwhile posting allowed.

Ace82

I never regesterd there because I did a little more reasearch before I came here. :cool:

I should though, just to see what all the fuss is about. What about Wes's... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i got banned for telling someone how to make a high power red, and also for saying the pulsars are a ripoff, as well as telling someone that optotronics has big PBS cubes for a good price. and probably a whole bunch of dissing WL too. o well. this place is a lot better! ;D

btw, what's wes's forum?

that's an exact rip off of LPF lol.
btw is that really Sawt al Hurriyah on the forum?? or is it Wes and he called himself that? in the reviews section he hsa the 9mW yellow review...

Coherent said:
They banned me for posting the name of another laser company.  Some guy was asking where to get a laser power meter and I linked him to the meter section of the coherent website.  They deleted my post and banned my IP from their forum for that ::)  I mean wtf....Does Coherent even make hand held lasers?

I reset my modem for a new IP and now I just lurk there because there isn't any worthwhile posting allowed.

To my knowledge Coherent doesn't make any sort of laser that could be considered a "pointer" and WL, as far as I know - doesn't make power meters! No conflict of interest there....no wonder most all of their old timers ended up here!

Schrecken_Licht said:
[quote author=Coherent link=1219456699/20#20 date=1219825491]They banned me for posting the name of another laser company. Some guy was asking where to get a laser power meter and I linked him to the meter section of the coherent website. They deleted my post and banned my IP from their forum for that ::) I mean wtf....Does Coherent even make hand held lasers?

To my knowledge Coherent doesn't make any sort of laser that could be considered a "pointer" and WL, as far as I know - doesn't make power meters! No conflict of interest there....no wonder most all of their old timers ended up here! [/quote]

No conflict of interests, are you kidding me, lol?

If people have power meters, they can figure out just how underpowered some of the Wicked Lasers are. Now linking someone to a product that will tell them how bad the product is seems like a pretty big conflict of interests in my opinion ;)