Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who can build me a cheap laser?

snb778

Hello All

I have been a gadget guy my whole life. I've had about 15 different lasers through out. Mostly just cheaper ones. After recently getting back into the hobby, I saw how to pot mod a laser. I bought a few cheap pens (black ones with the dimples) and pot modded 1 of them. It worked pretty well to be honest, and its still working just fine. I then saw some vids on youtube of people doing this to the point where they could light matches and pop balloons. So I ordered 2 more trying to achieve this goal. I recently bought 200mW 532nm 302 Adjustable Flashlight Style Green Laser Pointer (1*18650) - Tmart.com

It is brighter than my pot modded laser, but it still doesnt even come close to burning anything. It doesnt even get warm on my hand

I've seen a few people on here that build lasers for a decent price. Can anyone build me one capable of burning matches/popping balloons for around $50-60 (i'd prefer green)

I know i know... i needs safety glasses, and lasers arent toys.. (yes they are)

if any of you builders can help me out i'd appreciate it... i've also been referred to 0-like.com if that is the best way to go, please let me know.

also, is that site reliable as far as owning up to the claimed power?? just seems realllly cheap... JUST LIKE the ebaysers, and amazon lasers that claim the same.

ARG

$27.09 - High-Power 200mW Red Laser Pen (Burns Match + Visible Beam Daytime) - Red Lasers
Red laser, will burn matches and pop balloons. You MUST buy goggles.

Green lasers cost more for higher powers as they harder to make than diode lasers. For low powered greens you can focus them with optics (Magnifying glass) and you can easily make black paper smoke with 50mW.

As far as sellers owning up to the claimed power. Look at o-like, laser glow, CNI lasers, OEM Lasers you can find many reliable companies by reading the forums....

lasers arent toys.. (yes they are)
No lasers are not toys. Lasers are not lightsabers. Toys are for children, lasers are not. PLEASE use your laser responsibly.

EDIT: some info about pot modding http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/pot-modding-faqs-40510.html

Last edited:
o-like.com has nice cheap buring lasers and yes they are reliable for laser power probobly your best bet besides buying lasers from members on LPF

Last edited:

snb778

what about someone building one? thats more what i'd prefer, as the rating would be more credible. Any builders on here?

I could build you one. It would be in a blue Hotlights host, which takes 3 AAA batteries. I don't have a laser power meter, so I can't guarantee any powers, but I can make it up to approximately 200mW. I have all parts on hand, just let me know if you have any preference in parts.
Grant
images

Last edited: