Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which way is better: SD Laser 302 (200mw) vs 200mw Green Laser Module

I'm looking for a good quality and cheap Green Laser.
It should reach 200mw...
The first Laser I found is the SD Laser 302 200mw Green. Here is an example: SD-302 Focusable 200mW 532nm Green Laser Pen Pointer with Battery Set (1*18650) - Free Shipping I saw the same Laserpointer costs 33,99€ on Amazon. The second way I saw is an Laser Module from DX. 200mW 532nm Green Laser Module (3V 11.9mm) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme I have an old case where I can put the Module in it.

What do u prefer me? Important for me is the power of the Laser Pointer, the beam and lifetime of Laser Pointer

:thanks: for help.

Module and Laser are both overprced, and both will most likely be underspec. Usually in the 50-150mW range.

If you want an on-spec laser, stick with known reputable companies. Jetlasers, Optotronics, Laserglow, or at the other end of the price spectrum, lazerer, laserbtb, and o-like.

Make sure you also get goggles... links in my signature about that.

Please add your location to your user profile.

Welcome to LPF :)

^^ I agree with the above post. Once you start getting into the 150mw+ range you probably want to go with a reputable source.

That module on DX may put out 150mw, but its probably closer to 120's. Is there a reason you need specifically 200mw though? Cause 100mw would probably be the STRONGEST you'd want to start out with if you are completely new to lasers. And like infinitus said, you must have goggles for lasers this strong. Even my 50mw laser I dont feel comfortable using inside unless I have goggles on....

Thank you guys for quick answers. You are right guys, I am also happy with an 100mw, but is there any 100mw Green Laser which really works with 100mw+? Also good quality, beam etc less than 65$? Payment with Bank Transfer or PayPal?

Thank you guys!

I wouldnt buy from that site, just cause it looks like a cheapy chinese site (which it is). If you want to buy a laser ready to go, look at lazerer.com.

Here is a cheap laser that is going to be on spec LZTN - Tiny 532nm 100mW Smallest Green Laser Pointer Key Chain

If you are more interested in a handheld instead of a pointer style look at their other host options. If this is something you are actually interested in, you might look into getting a JAD kit and putting a module in it. Refer to my photos in my link to see what I'm talking about...

Nzone

Where do I add the Ir filter for this cheap Chinese eyeball cooker?

I'm brand new here, never owned a laser and didn't know squat about them till I started reading this week. So I bought this green laser off of ebay, didn't know anything about it till after the fact. It came today, I bought an ir filter after reading about all the ir these things leak, but don't know where to put it or how to glue it. I'm concerned because the sticker specs say its 1000mw, I can only hope its hype and not more than 100mw. I won't even put in the battery until I get this ir filter on, even then I'm not even sure I want anything to do with this even if it's half of the stickered mw's. Any help would be appreciated. I will post pics of it apart when I figure this forum out. Thankyou all.

Re: Where do I add the Ir filter for this cheap Chinese eyeball cooker?

I'm brand new here, never owned a laser and didn't know squat about them till I started reading this week. So I bought this green laser off of ebay, didn't know anything about it till after the fact. It came today, I bought an ir filter after reading about all the ir these things leak, but don't know where to put it or how to glue it. I'm concerned because the sticker specs say its 1000mw, I can only hope its hype and not more than 100mw. I won't even put in the battery until I get this ir filter on, even then I'm not even sure I want anything to do with this even if it's half of the stickered mw's. Any help would be appreciated. I will post pics of it apart when I figure this forum out. Thankyou all.
I can guarantee that laser IS NOT 1000mw. A 1000mw (or 1w) green laser would cost upwards of a $1000.00. Even a stable 500mw one would cost you hundreds of dollars. You are probably right with it being 100mw or less. If it can light a match then thats probably a good guess. An IR filter would install on the inside of the cap, but it depends on the model you have. Post a link to the listing or the style of host it uses, and we might be able to help out a little...

Nzone

Thanx for your reply, I don't know what the hell I'm doing here, is it possible for you to look at the album I posted it has all the pics of the laser disassembled in high resolution. They say to big to post, don't really want to resize if I dont have to. The lense cap is recessed like a straw, almost impossible to epoxy it down there without getting glue everywhere. It has a focusable lense so it's narrow and deep. Looks like the sd 301 i believe. It also has another attachment that screws onto the end that spreads the beam into a thousand little dots. If you cant see my album, I'll try and resize the pics. Thanx again.

I wouldnt buy from that site, just cause it looks like a cheapy chinese site (which it is). If you want to buy a laser ready to go, look at lazerer.com.

Here is a cheap laser that is going to be on spec LZTN - Tiny 532nm 100mW Smallest Green Laser Pointer Key Chain

If you are more interested in a handheld instead of a pointer style look at their other host options. If this is something you are actually interested in, you might look into getting a JAD kit and putting a module in it. Refer to my photos in my link to see what I'm talking about...

So Funny! Expert of all, you are judging someone's good and bad from its websit ? A Website doesnt mean anything, if you want buy the expensive laser, dont say anything bad or lookd down upon on the cheap priced lasers, expensive DOSE NOT good quality! check our product photos , and those are real and not the photoshoped FAKE web picture.

---Ben Wang from OXLasers

So Funny! Expert of all, you are judging someone's good and bad from its websit ? A Website doesnt mean anything, if you want buy the expensive laser, dont say anything bad or lookd down upon on the cheap priced lasers, expensive DOSE NOT good quality! check our product photos , and those are real and not the photoshoped FAKE web picture.

---Ben Wang from OXLasers

Looks like a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Oh, and nice minimum order on those units. The prices aren't even that good for generic Chinese lasers, and you want a 20pc, 50pc, 240pc minimum order? That alone is a reason to not shop with your site for the majority of users here.