Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which Should I Get?

Green 100mW or Red 200mW? (Read Thread First Please)

• Red 200mW

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stubz

There are two lasers:
-Green 100mW [$99.95/£64.16]
-Red 200mW [$109.95/70.59]

i want a laser for general fun and to burn matchs, pop balloons etc.

you guys are the pro's, which one do you guys think is more worth the money?

thanks,
Stubz

The red is obviously going to be better for burning and such things like that because it is a higher power although the green 100mW will be more visible than the 200mW red. So really you have to make a decision. I would go with the green for the beam and the wow factor.

Also keep in mind both lasers are powerful enough to cause eye damage so you should always wear safety goggles.

And I am not sure where you found those lasers but you can get the same power for cheaper on other sites if you want to save some money.

Hope I helped a little with your decision.

-Scotty

Stubz

The red is obviously going to be better for burning and such things like that because it is a higher power although the green 100mW will be more visible than the 200mW red. So really you have to make a decision. I would go with the green for the beam and the wow factor.

Also keep in mind both lasers are powerful enough to cause eye damage so you should always wear safety goggles.

And I am not sure where you found those lasers but you can get the same power for cheaper on other sites if you want to save some money.

Hope I helped a little with your decision.

-Scotty

well, will the ability to burn between the red and green have a very big gap in it? or would it be pretty much the same?

also, yes, i am buying two pairs of safety goggles with it also :) and i am buying the laser from WickedLasers...do you think you could tell me where i could get cheaper ones?

thanks,
Stubz

Lazerer is a well trusted website here on the forums just click the power certificate option when you order. They will test your laser for you.

-Scotty

Last edited:

Stubz

Lazerer is a well trusted website here on the forums just click the power certificate option when you order. They will test your laser for you.

-Scotty

wow! :D thanks bro much appreciated..i'm buying a laser as like a present to myself for my birthday :p so the cheaper, the better for me :)

thanks,
Stubz

wow! :D thanks bro much appreciated..i'm buying a laser as like a present to myself for my birthday :p so the cheaper, the better for me :)

thanks,
Stubz
Hey no problem. If you really like your laser (which you will) then you should stick around the forum. There is a lot of information waiting for you to search and a lot to the hobby. I think you will also find there are many other members who are willing to help. :)

-Scotty

Stubz

Hey no problem. If you really like your laser (which you will) then you should stick around the forum. There is a lot of information waiting for you to search and a lot to the hobby. I think you will also find there are many other members who are willing to help. :)

-Scotty

sure bro :) i'm starting to like this forum already..i will definitely be sticking around, i am about to place an order on that website you gave to me (awesome site btw :D)

but i dont know again what to do hehe..because there is a 1w infrared laser for $100 and a 500mw blue laser for $110 ... if it was you, what would you go for?

thanks,
Stubz

sure bro :) i'm starting to like this forum already..i will definitely be sticking around, i am about to place an order on that website you gave to me (awesome site btw :D)

but i dont know again what to do hehe..because there is a 1w infrared laser for $100 and a 500mw blue laser for $110 ... if it was you, what would you go for?

thanks,
Stubz
Well I am not much into infrared lasers because you can't see them which takes out the fun. So blue for sure!

Stix62

Stubz - I'm quite new around here myself (1st post) , but i'm pretty sure the 'pros' would tell you to start off with something less powerful as a beginner. (which I am also btw)
That said,,,,,if its a choice between blue and red,,,,i'd go blue for the same reason Scotty 757 said :D