Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

which laser

ok with christmas right around the corner im saving up for a dragon laser. maybe some genorous people around will give me a donation wink,wink :) . i want to get a 95 or 125mw but i herd the 125mw have problems like stability issues, whats that mean. so im leaning tword the 95mw any advice anyone

thanks myles

T

tommygreen23

the 125mW might have 125mW for 3 seconds, but then it will drop to 110mW, then even lower. thats a lot of power in such a tiny package. my 95mW peaks at about 110ish and quickly drops to a average of around 90mW in 1 minute. not bad, thats after leaveing the laser on for a minute!

i would definatly go with th 95, you wont be disappointed!

K

kingzilla

I would have to agree, I have the 95mw from dragonlasers and it can do all the tricks that a 125mw is advertised to be able to do. I can light matches and burn tape. I don't have a power meter avaliable so I don't know the true output of my 95mw, so it may be overpowered, but I think it is a great laser. You probably won't notice much differance between the two.

NairB

I have a Nexus and its good enough for me until the laser companies introduce a wonderful super spec laser at a reasonable price ;)

So in other words, get the Nexus or 95mW equivalent, saving the cash you would have spent on a fusion and hang on like me......saving for a fantastic next generation laser in the coming months....whether it be a SPYDER II, an Optotronics RPL or a lower priced Hercules.

The 95mW is heap loads of fun and super bright.......remember there is practically no difference in brightness between the two lasers and minimal burning difference too.

Hope this helps.