Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which kind of laser is better from o-like? Also are they reliable?

Sharp High Power Green laser 100mW /Waterproof/focusable [OL-WG-100] - $75.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
High Power 100mW Green laser wand /Wide beam/focuasable [OL-OWDG-100] - $81.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
Power Rock Green laser Torch 100mW /Focusable&Waterproof [OL-PRGL100] - $72.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
Silver chrome green laser 100mW/good finish [OLSGL100] - $62.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Im somewhat new to lasers, but my first laser was a 5mw green laser gift from a friend so I have no experience buying them. I mainly want something i can easily carry around and be bright, and impress other friends, and maybe burn small stuff.. All of these lasers are 100mw & i don't know how to tell which one is the superior one. What exactly is wide beam? Does wide beam weaken the distance or intensity of the laser? Also, will I be getting what I payed for from o-like?

Last edited:

Gun

I'm pretty new to lasers myself but I think the prices show it all, the more expensive the laser; the better it is. I mean this in-terms of buying from O-like, not comparing different companies. The wider the beam, the less intense = worse for burning.

This is just want I think, you'll probably want to wait for some more experienced lasereers to post. Also, remember to buy safety goggles if you haven't already!

Thanks,
Gun

I think the Power Rock will get you the best bang for the buck in this group.
The Wand looks interesting due to having a larger beam diameter at the aperture.
Maybe it works a little like a beam expander?