Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which is brightest: an AAA battery laser or a 18650 one?

yes but it is bit all in brightness..with lazerer you would get much better beam divergrence, better buils quality, longer life, better duty cycle and it will be focusable so you would burn better.

Today I received 2 True 5mw 532nm laser pointers from DX. One of them was very bright probably around 8-10mw, and the beam was very visible in the dark. The other one was semi bright and looked around 3-4mw and the beam was a little noticeable in the dark. I bought 2 of them specifically for this reason. DX has cheap laser's and its basically the luck of the draw, if you live in the U.S, you may have a problem ordering over 5mw because they seem to not like to even bother sending them with the chance of customs taking it, which would then have people complaining to them about it. I would stick to Rayfoss or O-like.

Kevlar

Wdc. All I'm saying is your playing bad odds. You can pay $37 and have a 100% chance of it being just as bright as your friends or pay $15 and have 20% chance.

You could buy 3 lasers from DX, spending $45, and never get a good one.

Its your money. When its my money I play the odds that favor me and win 100% of the time.

Last edited:
thanks guys but I think I won't buy from lazerer for now and I will explain why:

basically I want the laser just to brag in front of my friends, I was amazed by my friend's laser and want to do the same to my own friends. chances are that I won't be using the laser often and even won't use it at all after a while, that's why buying an expensive laser is not worth for me.

I'll take my chances and buy a 200mW $32,71 USD from focalprice: 200mw 800m Green Laser Pointer with Lock (Black) even if it is just 100mW it's cheap and will suit my needs, also I like 18650 cells (I think this laser uses them)

I've only buy from Dx and Manafont but Focalprice has a largest variety of 18650 lasers, that's why I'll buy there. Wish me luck!

If anybody knows a good laser from focalprice from 100mW to 200mW with a top of $40 USD please let me know so I can take a look at it, thanks.

For anybody wondering why a 200mW, I just love the way they look pointing at night sky and for that I need the wider stronger beam, that's why I'd like to have a powerful laser.

Thanks.

w.
One quick thing, that i think you should keep in mind, is that... That laser is a 650nm(Red) It won't be as visible as a green one. For example a 100mw 532nm(green) will be just as bright or even brighter then a 300mw 650nm(red). So if you really want a bright one, i would defiantly stick to 532nm.

wdc

thanks guys, I've changed my mind and will buy the 50mW green from focalprice, the same my friend bought, it's got excellent reviews and it's cheap (15 bucks), I won't be brighter but equal and that's fine because his laser is very good.

thanks for the advices on lazerer but truthfully their prices are too high for my budget and the purpose of my purchase.

I will be using non protected 14500 cells from trustfire (I trust them) and an oem charger.

I've learnt a lot in this forum and I'm very grateful about everybody here, thanks again.

Best regards!

w.