Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which is better? Jasper Curve or the Green laser from Sky lasers?

Thanks RA_pierce for showing me that website!!!! So i'm not going for the curve now because it's only 4.99mW. I found one on NOVA that I like, It's a bit out of my price range, but with the 5% off I save around $10, so that would be good! Alpha45 Handheld Laser - Alpha Series - Novalasers Inc. Thanks everyone!!! I didn't really know any good websites. so Thanks! :yh:

That is really expensive. O-like is very trusted and have much lower prices.
If the customs thing is an issue, still, got with optotronics. Very high quality, and good prices.

That is really expensive. O-like is very trusted and have much lower prices.
If the customs thing is an issue, still, got with optotronics. Very high quality, and good prices.

It's expensive compared to the generic crap.
If you want a quality laser that performs well and looks nice, NOVA is the place to go.

Also, chessmaster010, at checkout you can ask (in the comments box) for low divergence, good beam stability, etc. whatever you need.
And I remembered the code if you don't have it already: WARP5

Good luck with your purchase and play safe. ;)

It's expensive compared to the generic crap.
If you want a quality laser that performs well and looks nice, NOVA is the place to go.

Also, chessmaster010, at checkout you can ask (in the comments box) for low divergence, good beam stability, etc. whatever you need.
And I remembered the code if you don't have it already: WARP5

Good luck with your purchase and play safe. ;)

True, but isn't optotronics very good? It's what I've heard, and their prices are very fair. But what do I know?

True, but isn't optotronics very good? It's what I've heard, and their prices are very fair. But what do I know?

Opto does get good reviews and prices are fair, but as far as looks go... their pens are lacking.
Aesthetics are (is?) important to me.
If I spend my hard earned $ on anything, I like to make sure it is pleasing to look at, not only that it serves its intended purpose... like my girlfriend, for example...
:D

If I spend my hard earned $ on anything, I like to make sure it is pleasing to look at, not only that it serves its intended purpose... like my girlfriend, for example...
:D
No offense, but that did not sound right.

Just a heads up here, optos divergence is better than CNI Lasers, which includes Nova, LaserGlow, and dragon lasers. Looks are important, but to some performance is everything. Do you think the classic RPL looks amazing? Nooo, people buy it for performance reasons. The black and gold CNI is nice I used to own one so I know all about it.

What Im saying is you can get a high quality laser with the following for wayy less money than even Glenn ( who is awesome BTW ) can get a CNI for in his group buy.

1.) The best divergence on a 532nm pen 1.2 vs. 1.5 which makes a big difference over long distances.
2.) Guaranteed output that is power meter tested and included with your laser
3.) Ships from the US so no customs issues, or risk.
4.) top notch customer service.
5.) a lot less money then ordering from LG, nova, dragon, or even scopes group buy.

Lastly if every cheap o website didnt offer this design, I believe people would love the look alot more. When you actually hold and play with one of these lasers they look great. I thought the same thing before I bought it.

Im not saying CNI's are bad I have an aquarious on the way, and will do more business with them in the future. But Im simply stating that opto's pens are the best value for your money.

Would you buy a TV or anything else that looked better physically than another, but didn't perform as well AND costed more money? I doubt it.

Your buying a laser lol, I assume you want to burn, and lase, and be amazed by the beauty of a 532nm laser just like everyone else does. If the case the laser is in is important enough to spend up to 100$'s of dollars more on, then this shitty economy isn't as bad as people think.

Just thought I'd throw a few more cents in.

opto 150mw - $197 shipped
nova 150mw - $399 plus shipping
dragon lasers 125mW - $299.99 plus shipping

Bottom line, if you want the cni black and gold, do business with Glenn. Get in on one of his group buys, thats your best bet.

D

Deleted member 8382

Oh come on. This Jasper says that their lasers are all at 4.99mW, which is just imposible.

Just by the way he speaks about a freaking 5mW green laser I wouldn't buy there.

I've said it 400 times, for pointers under 50mW go DEALEXTREME.COM

No offense, but that did not sound right.

Was a joke. I treat my women well ;)

Just a heads up here, optos divergence is better than CNI Lasers, which includes Nova, LaserGlow, and dragon lasers. Looks are important, but to some performance is everything. Do you think the classic RPL looks amazing? Nooo, people buy it for performance reasons. The black and gold CNI is nice I used to own one so I know all about it.

What Im saying is you can get a high quality laser with the following for wayy less money than even Glenn ( who is awesome BTW ) can get a CNI for in his group buy.

1.) The best divergence on a 532nm pen 1.2 vs. 1.5 which makes a big difference over long distances.
2.) Guaranteed output that is power meter tested and included with your laser
3.) Ships from the US so no customs issues, or risk.
4.) top notch customer service.
5.) a lot less money then ordering from LG, nova, dragon, or even scopes group buy.

Lastly if every cheap o website didnt offer this design, I believe people would love the look alot more. When you actually hold and play with one of these lasers they look great. I thought the same thing before I bought it.

Im not saying CNI's are bad I have an aquarious on the way, and will do more business with them in the future. But Im simply stating that opto's pens are the best value for your money.

Would you buy a TV or anything else that looked better physically than another, but didn't perform as well AND costed more money? I doubt it.

Just to clear things up:
1. NOVA also provides pens with 1.2mRad divergence. Upon request they can select one with less (around 1.1-1.0mRad). I had an X50 with 1.1mRad.
2. NOVA also provides exact power readings with all their lasers and guarantees the power rating.
3. NOVA also has a delivery guarantee.
4. NOVA also has great customer service.
5. CNI pens have superior IR filtration and all optics are AR coated glass.

For your money, you are getting a pretty laser that performs as well or better than any other in it's class.
Saying that NOVA's products are inferior to Opto's is making a false statement.

Was a joke. I treat my women well ;)

Just to clear things up:
1. NOVA also provides pens with 1.2mRad divergence. Upon request they can select one with less (around 1.1-1.0mRad). I had an X50 with 1.1mRad.
2. NOVA also provides exact power readings with all their lasers and guarantees the power rating.
3. NOVA also has a delivery guarantee.
4. NOVA also has great customer service.
5. CNI pens have superior IR filtration and all optics are AR coated glass.

For your money, you are getting a pretty laser that performs as well or better than any other in it's class.
Saying that NOVA's products are inferior to Opto's is making a false statement.

Well that's good to know, as they should for that price.

hey, and thanks everyone for your help and guidence!!! I'm really glad that you all were willing to help me, Thanks!

George :thanks: