Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which Blue Diode is Best for 3W Power with narrow beam?

I want to build a 3W - 3.5W blue with G8 lens.

I see several 9mm diodes (NDB7A75, NUBM06, NUBM08, etc.) on the DTR site which will run in the 3W range.

Some 9mm diodes have a G-ball lens. I assume the G8 is better so I will need to remove the G-ball to put in the G8. I don't know if this will be an issue.

My preferences:
Divergence: Narrow is better
Blue: Any hue of blue is fine
Reliability: Stouter is better

Any suggestions?

thesimsdude

I just ordered a NUBM06 4-5W diode, the seller suggested some housing cases to go along with it, it should be 4-5w and Im thinking of using a G-8 lens as well, my only problems are finding a proper constant current driver module and heat sink, I may have to make these myself. I am reading the Ideal Voltage should be between 3.9-4.7 with a 2.5 amp current

You can go to 3.5A but use a heat sink and observe a duty cycle to prevent over temp. For continuous use you will need active cooling such as a fan and finned sink.

The NDB7A75 is the same divergence and output as the NUBM06 only with a window can to protect the facet so it will last a lot longer.

Also make sure you have the proper laser safety glasses.